Bosch de-restricting .

Could you please tell me what your software version is?
Just checked mine and it's 1.8.3.0, hardware version 0.0.6.0.
Thanks.

The Nyon is version 2.7.5.0
The motor is software version 1.8.0.0 and hardware version 0.0.6.0
The batteries are software version 1.8.0.0 sand hardware version 1.5.0.0

Hopefully that covers it all!

The Nyon is version 2.7.5.0
The motor is software version 1.8.0.0 and hardware version 0.0.6.0
The batteries are software version 1.8.0.0 sand hardware version 1.5.0.0

Hopefully that covers it all!

Very comprehensive ?, still not sure where that leaves me though, as my software is a newer version ?

I see the new Bosch motors are tamper proof and won't allow you to tune the motor. I sure hope they cannot roll these new features into they previous (current) generation motors.

How can I check the software version on my Bosch system? I recently received my new Tern GSD S00 with the Bosch CX. I really like it but am strongly considering adding a tuning box.

I see the new Bosch motors are tamper proof and won't allow you to tune the motor. I sure hope they cannot roll these new features into they previous (current) generation motors.

How can I check the software version on my Bosch system? I recently received my new Tern GSD S00 with the Bosch CX. I really like it but am strongly considering adding a tuning box.
Depends on your display type, I've got the Kiox, on that you just scroll to the settings, and all the info is there.

I sold my Raleigh Magnus iE in December and replaced it with a 2020 Bulls Monster E FS with the newer CX.
It's a fantastic bike but 20 mph limit so I transferred the Badass Box B4 to it.
The dongle produced some speed sensor variations which caused uneven motor engagement.
I did not generate any error codes.
Box removed and it's absolutely clear that the newest generation of software will not work with the Badass dongle.
I also had the Raleigh tuned prior to sale and the software conveyed no issues generated by the dongle.
It's the only thing I miss about the Raleigh. ;)

First off, thank you everyone who has taken the time to read and reply to this thread, I do appreciate it, but, sadly, I'm no nearer to getting an answer to my original questions.
It's clear there are no problems with fitting any sort of dongle to older bikes, but what I really need to know, is that still true for the very latest Bosch software version?
Still love to hear from someone who's done a new Bosch bike.
I know if you could just get somebody to stay on topic or just shut the hell up LOL.

Epic ebikes, out of Australia, sells a de-restrictor for the newest Bosch smart system.
I have one of their gen 4 de-restrictors on my Cannondale e-gravel bike and I've had zero problems/issues in almost two years of ownership.
So, to answer your question, it looks like the Epic ebikes de-restrictor will work with the Bosch Smart System.

Epic ebikes, out of Australia, sells a de-restrictor for the newest Bosch smart system.
I have one of their gen 4 de-restrictors on my Cannondale e-gravel bike and I've had zero problems/issues in almost two years of ownership.
So, to answer your question, it looks like the Epic ebikes de-restrictor will work with the Bosch Smart System.

Thanks much for the reply on the thread addressing the question. I did not start the thread but am interested. I will try ~maybe~ try one from Epic on my Canyon Grail On Bosch Performance Line Gen4 2020 not smart system. They are 400 dollars in the USA! I mean come on now....the other one they don't advertise about it but the 300 dollar one (cheapest one they have for unlocking Performance Gen4s), does not fully unlock the speed and only goes to 28mph I believe is right when I saw a response they made to their youtube install video but as can not be seen on their website. Also, I have emailed them several times and they have never responded. That was for them generating a sale. Can't imagine trying to get a response if I had a problem. The Speedbox 3 worked fine for me and went to over ~35-36mph (advertised to 60mph lol ) on my Grail Egravel (will test higher with a fast group ride in a few days but running a 46t chainring that was about the best I could do for now. Plus I bought from these guys in UK Ebiketuner for 200 bucks and got it in 5 days (including 2 weekend days to the USA. https://ebiketuner.com/ They have a 30 days no question guarantee as well as Speedbox has a lifetime warranty.
Other news is I have another GREAT motor company Yama (with Giant Syncdrive firmware) on my Giant Revolt and the chainstay delimiting works every time (so I ended up with 6 giant ebikes. Giant syncdrive gives you wonderful 5/3 levels of assist treating you almost like you are not a robot. Long winded or what 🙄 Edit I emailed them and this is what they said. "The $300 unlocks to 50km/h while the $400 unlocks to 75km/h" So go Speedbox 3 the 200 dollar one does 60 mph (of course you never get to that but....). Put a 48t chainring on the Grail On and that works great for fast paced group rides.

Last edited:
They are 400 dollars in the USA! I mean come on now....the other one they don't advertise about it but the 300 dollar one (cheapest one they have for unlocking Performance Gen4s)
That is the USA for you. When I started making and selling the first tuning chips for the Bosch over ten years ago, the parts did cost me about 10 bucks per chip. That has not changed much, so you can do the math on how much $$$ they are making these days.

You can sometimes get a 28Mph motor cheaper than a chip these days.

What is the logic of the countdown code to prevent 504's if I may ask ?
No code needed. Just simple electronics.
Don't need to have it connected to an app and all that crap. Just wanted to ride faster, not play with the phone.

I know people cannot ride their bikes these days if it does not connect to their (Apple) phone.
But that of course costs more.

Wow those are pricey at $400. I know there is a German company that sells one for $160.

Are there downsides? Logs that Bosch would find? Damage to the motor?

I’m thinking of just getting another ebike for ripping at higher speed (Globe Haul). At $400 that starts to make more sense…

Back