BMC RoadMachine AMP 2022

Hi, I'm curious to know if anybody has feedback about this new model equippped with the Mahle X20,thank in advace,regards.#blackvipergts

I have the BMC RoadMachine AMP 2. I bought it end of this last September and have pedaled it just over 700 miles. It's my first e-pedal assist bike and bought this due to recent AFib issues. The motor maps software is not yet available here in the US.
It's been interesting learning how the assist phases in and out. It feels to me that the harder I pedal the less assist and if I ease up I can feel and hear the motor phase in. It does have the cadence, angle and torque sensor in the bottom bracket/crank area.
I set a heart rate alert on my garmin and mostly engage the assist only when my heart rate reaches the 170's. I used this bike to ride the North Carolina Mountains to Coast Ride last month. The day I did the 105 miles I used about 22% of my battery.

I like this bike a lot.
Russ

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220930-153458_Instagram.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220930-153458_Instagram.jpeg
    508.8 KB · Views: 170
I have the BMC RoadMachine AMP 2. I bought it end of this last September and have pedaled it just over 700 miles. It's my first e-pedal assist bike and bought this due to recent AFib issues. The motor maps software is not yet available here in the US.
It's been interesting learning how the assist phases in and out. It feels to me that the harder I pedal the less assist and if I ease up I can feel and hear the motor phase in. It does have the cadence, angle and torque sensor in the bottom bracket/crank area.
I set a heart rate alert on my garmin and mostly engage the assist only when my heart rate reaches the 170's. I used this bike to ride the North Carolina Mountains to Coast Ride last month. The day I did the 105 miles I used about 22% of my battery.

I like this bike a lot.
Russ
Hi Russ,thank for Your contribution and congratulations for Your new ebike.By the way, at the same time, few weeks ago I also bought a Bmc Roadmachine Amp01 by which I rode for 500 km abt..Very much satisfied either by the cyclistic performance as well as the improvements versus my previous Mahke X35 .Due to some recent health issues it's for me recommended not to push heart over 145 bmp, so far the assistence help to keep the heart ratio under control, and indeed I use ,mainly only mod 1, in this way.My usual ride is for distance in between 80-100 km and 1.000-1.500 mt elevation gain.Here enclosed animation for one of my last
20221019_090123.jpg
journey :https://www.relive.cc/view/vMv8BBdQdP6 Even here in EU the Mahle's App is not yet updated and motor assistence cannot be yet tuned :contacted Mahle's technical assistance they said it shall be solved within the year...I'm leaving in the northern part of Italy , along side Como lake, and my tour are always including steep climbs being the flat ground practically unknown. I wish to enjoy your bike and ride

Attachments

• IMG_20221028_115559_027~2.jpg
    IMG_20221028_115559_027~2.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 157
Hi Russ,thank for Your contribution and congratulations for Your new ebike.By the way, at the same time, few weeks ago I also bought a Bmc Roadmachine Amp01 by which I rode for 500 km abt..Very much satisfied either by the cyclistic performance as well as the improvements versus my previous Mahke X35 .Due to some recent health issues it's for me recommended not to push heart over 145 bmp, so far the assistence help to keep the heart ratio under control, and indeed I use ,mainly only mod 1, in this way.My usual ride is for distance in between 80-100 km and 1.000-1.500 mt elevation gain.Here enclosed animation for one of my last View attachment 139463journey :https://www.relive.cc/view/vMv8BBdQdP6 Even here in EU the Mahle's App is not yet updated and motor assistence cannot be yet tuned :contacted Mahle's technical assistance they said it shall be solved within the year...I'm leaving in the northern part of Italy , along side Como lake, and my tour are always including steep climbs being the flat ground practically unknown. I wish to enjoy your bike and ride
Congrats on the AMP 1. That's also the bike I wanted but only the AMP 2 is released to the US.

Enjoy.
Russ

I like this bike a lot.
Russ
Hi Russ. Warm greetings from Italy. I read with interest your experience on the BMC equipped with X20 assistance. I am a happy owner of a BMC Alpenchallenge AMP Sport with SH Steps E6100 assist. in your reports, however, I can't find any notes regarding the driveability and dynamic stability of the eRoad. When I decided to buy my Alpenchallenge the first thing I noticed comparing the Eroad with rear wheel hub assist was the weight distribution. In my Alpenchallenge it is an amazing quality. Combined with 30'' tires, the eRoad offers both flat and downhill riding safety that is difficult to find in muscle bicycles. Right now I'm thinking about buying the new BMC with the new TQ motor. I'm not entirely convinced about making the purchase. A little because the new BMC has a high purchase price. Too much. But above all because the Alpenchallenge has given me great satisfaction. Very big. Both in terms of km done and in terms of elevation gain. I'm not exaggerating that with my BMC I can even cover 180 km and 3500 meters in altitude. I have done quite a few alpine passes in the Dolomites like the Pordoi (2100+) Falzarego (1950+) .... the Stelvio (2700+) with one battery charge. I don't think X20 assistance is suitable for the rides I do here in my country. Perhaps the new version with TQ assistance is more so. But I repeat: the purchase costs seem really high to me and all in all I have never been disappointed with my Alpenchallege. Hamlet's doubts are also in the eRoads. Good rides.

Attachments

• 20220801_111353.jpg
    20220801_111353.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 145
Hi Russ. Warm greetings from Italy. I read with interest your experience on the BMC equipped with X20 assistance. I am a happy owner of a BMC Alpenchallenge AMP Sport with SH Steps E6100 assist. in your reports, however, I can't find any notes regarding the driveability and dynamic stability of the eRoad. When I decided to buy my Alpenchallenge the first thing I noticed comparing the Eroad with rear wheel hub assist was the weight distribution. In my Alpenchallenge it is an amazing quality. Combined with 30'' tires, the eRoad offers both flat and downhill riding safety that is difficult to find in muscle bicycles. Right now I'm thinking about buying the new BMC with the new TQ motor. I'm not entirely convinced about making the purchase. A little because the new BMC has a high purchase price. Too much. But above all because the Alpenchallenge has given me great satisfaction. Very big. Both in terms of km done and in terms of elevation gain. I'm not exaggerating that with my BMC I can even cover 180 km and 3500 meters in altitude. I have done quite a few alpine passes in the Dolomites like the Pordoi (2100+) Falzarego (1950+) .... the Stelvio (2700+) with one battery charge. I don't think X20 assistance is suitable for the rides I do here in my country. Perhaps the new version with TQ assistance is more so. But I repeat: the purchase costs seem really high to me and all in all I have never been disappointed with my Alpenchallege. Hamlet's doubts are also in the eRoads. Good rides.
Good afternoon ,I also own a BmcRdMachAmp 01 which is a replacement for a Wilier101hybrid equipped by MahleX35. The new X20 is a great step ahead mainly for what is concerning the rear wheel fluidity, no friction , and its removal.The assistance is now not simply based on the cassette rotation but linked to a power meter which return what the rider put on.The AMP with the internal battery with 350wh allow quite good journey for over 100 km and 2000 mt elevation gain [ as You well know a lot depends from which style of ride , assistance, road, weight....].I'm leaving very close to Como and I'm used to ride in the mountain [ this year : Passo Gavia-Colle della Fauniera e della Lombarda- Colle delle Finestre- Passo San Marco- Passo Bernina ...] , my annual average is close to 10.000km and 150.000 mt elevation.The new HQ50 could be an interesting alternative [ now available for the Bmc Roadmachine APM X or the Trek Domain+SLR] ...Price are completely out of control but the market for time being seens to digest...

I wish BMC would hurry up and offer this bike in Canada. I'm also looking at the Trek Domane+ SLR, which is also not available yet, but I have a feeling it will be more expensive than the BMC AMP

Turns out the RoadMachine 01 & 02 are available in Canada, but boy are they pricey.
01 is $12,500 Canadian and the 02 is $11,100

Back