Bigger guy looking for an e-bike

blazblu82

Region
USA
Greetings, first time posting here!

I'm a bigger guy looking to purchase his first e-bike. I have looked at many different brands and models and I have a general idea of what I want; however, I'm not sure of the fitting. I really like the looks of scrambler style bikes; but with me standing at 6 foot 2 inches with a 36 inch inseam and weighing nearly 300 pounds, I don't want to look like a circus bear on a tricycle, lol! I don't want a mountain bike or other tall bike. I have visual impairments that keep me from driving, but I should be ok riding a bike. So a bike with a lower center of gravity would be best. The bike will need to be light enough to take inside and up and down entry steps. The more power and range, the better. My budget: about $2K My town only has 1 e-bike vender and they do not carry any e-bikes in the style I like. I am not opposed to a trike, as long as it's narrow and light enough to take indoors. The bike will mainly be used for short jaunts, nothing too serious. Because of my limited vision and not being able to drive, I'm stuck at home or relying on others and I want to regain some level of freedom before my vision completely goes.

Here's a list of bikes that interest me:
  1. The Chopper by Revolve
  2. Juiced Bikes HyperScrambler 2
  3. RadPower RadRunner Plus
  4. Ariel Grizzly
  5. Sondors MadMods
  6. AddMotor M-66 R7 or M-70
That's all I can think of for now. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

LOL! That company must be desperate to sell their bikes if they use bikini babes, lol!

But, yeah, that bike is more than what I want to spend. Thanks!

Super73-ZX has a weight capacity of 325 and is a scrambler style, $1995. It weighs 62 pounds though, don't know if that's too heavy. It would be doable with a walk mode, but I don't think it has one.

Biktrix Moto is a mini-bike style with dual battery capacity. The Biktrix Moto has a 24-inch wheel option (I see your list has 20-inch wheels), which should be better for taller riders.

Super73-ZX has a weight capacity of 325 and is a scrambler style, $1995. It weighs 62 pounds though, don't know if that's too heavy. It would be doable with a walk mode, but I don't think it has one.

Hey, no that's more in line of what I'm looking for! Thanks!

Biktrix Moto is a mini-bike style with dual battery capacity. The Biktrix Moto has a 24-inch wheel option (I see your list has 20-inch wheels), which should be better for taller riders.
This is a good looking option, as well! Thanks!

Edit: Although, it has a 280lb weight limit. Wonder how it would do dealing with more than that?

Last edited:
The advice I've heard is that frames can generally handle a little extra weight, it's the wheels that might have trouble. You'd have to check your spokes closely for funky business, so it might be worth it to invest in a tension meter and spoke wrench if you go that route, or just plan on having it tuned up more frequently.

Check out Soul Beach Cruisers’ Sonic Saber. Perfect for big guys, 750W with 1000W peak. $1899. Add the Pro Package @$2499. Not a generic looking ebike. Nice styling.

Attachments

• 1BD178E3-0A87-4D85-86D5-BB35D4C5AF23.jpeg
    1BD178E3-0A87-4D85-86D5-BB35D4C5AF23.jpeg
    653.5 KB · Views: 294
The advice I've heard is that frames can generally handle a little extra weight, it's the wheels that might have trouble. You'd have to check your spokes closely for funky business, so it might be worth it to invest in a tension meter and spoke wrench if you go that route, or just plan on having it tuned up more frequently.
The Biktrix Moto 24" model, they have it listed at 280lbs. Wouldn't it handle more weight than the 20" model because of the larger wheels?

I'm torn between the Super73 RX and the Biktrix Moto. The RX has a better price point, but the 24" wheels of the Moto would make the bike look size appropriate for large guy like myself.

The Biktrix Moto 24" model, they have it listed at 280lbs. Wouldn't it handle more weight than the 20" model because of the larger wheels?
Because of the difference in wheel size, the spoke angle would be different, so there would likely be a difference in rate of fatigue in the spokes, but it's hard to say how pronounced it would be. But I think that 24" wheels would be more comfortable for your knees if you get a bike that has a fixed seat height.

Because of the difference in wheel size, the spoke angle would be different, so there would likely be a difference in rate of fatigue in the spokes, but it's hard to say how pronounced it would be. But I think that 24" wheels would be more comfortable for your knees if you get a bike that has a fixed seat height.
I asked Biktrix if their 24" can handle more weight with the larger tires. They didn't know and were going to get back with me soon.

I've been comparing Biktrix bike models. Mainly their Juggernaut versus the Moto. The jug can handle 330 pounds with 26/27.5" wheels with 36 spokes. Their 24" version of the Moto has the same number of spokes, but is listed as being able to handle 280 pounds. While I'm still waiting for a response from them for clarification, would it be reasonable to assume that the 24" moto should be able to hand around 300 pounds with 24" 36H wheels?

Back