Battery Swapping coming for Emotorcycles

This is already happening in India on a big scale.
Most of the food and cargo delivery is switching to electric 2-wheelers and 3-wheelers. Take a look.

I rarely watch videos...so have they standardized the battery mounts and connectors ? Or do you need to carry a selection of connectors /adapters? It seems like with all the different regions in India, standardization might still be challenging.
But it certainly makes sense to have swappable batteries for all those small vehicles.

I rarely watch videos...so have they standardized the battery mounts and connectors ? Or do you need to carry a selection of connectors /adapters? It seems like with all the different regions in India, standardization might still be challenging.
But it certainly makes sense to have swappable batteries for all those small vehicles.
This is a very nascent industry, and there is no standardization as of yet.
There are two schools of thought: One is B2B fleets would much prefer to use swappable batteries, and non-business consumers would not like to share the battery of their new vehicle. Since E-mopeds are taking off in several parts of Asia and Africa, we have been seeing much-improved swap station designs and battery pack architectures. It is shocking to see how far behind the E-bike industry is when compared to the E-moped or E-motorcycle industry.

This is a very nascent industry, and there is no standardization as of yet.
There are two schools of thought: One is B2B fleets would much prefer to use swappable batteries, and non-business consumers would not like to share the battery of their new vehicle. Since E-mopeds are taking off in several parts of Asia and Africa, we have been seeing much-improved swap station designs and battery pack architectures. It is shocking to see how far behind the E-bike industry is when compared to the E-moped or E-motorcycle industry.
Thanks. I wondered about that battery swapping and the standards required for a really diverse country like India.
And escooters are going mainstream really quickly from what I read. The three wheelers with a cargo bed really facinate me for urban service workers and delivery... I never made it to India, but those could those be so handy in the old cities of Europe. They would be terrifying in China, but anything in Beijing traffic is. ;)

Back