Battery Issue

I have the EVO Pro 27.5+ and was getting about 35 miles on mixed hills and level. The battery would go down accordingly. But lately, I start at 100% and within a mile am at 90% and get only about 25 miles. The bike is almost a year old and I've charged it about 150 times, usually starting from 30 to 40%. Is there something I could do or should I look into the warranty which is 400 charges or 2 years I think?
Thanks

I have the EVO Pro 27.5+ and was getting about 35 miles on mixed hills and level. The battery would go down accordingly. But lately, I start at 100% and within a mile am at 90% and get only about 25 miles. The bike is almost a year old and I've charged it about 150 times, usually starting from 30 to 40%. Is there something I could do or should I look into the warranty which is 400 charges or 2 years I think?
Thanks

Most dealers will have a battery diagnostic tool. By connecting to your battery, they can see the SOC (health) and if it needs to be replaced.

BH is pretty good with warranty. I suggest you run this diagnostic test.

Definitely take it in.. Losing 1/3 of your range in one year is poor.

If you have the time, try a long charge, like 6 hours.. Maybe one of the battery strings isn't fully equalizing. And inflate the tires to maximum allowed. then check your range.

Hope you solved your problem.
I did have a battery go bad, but it was rather intermittent. B&H was very kind about putting the battery on one of their bikes and take it on several rides until the problem appeared. They gladly replaced the battery.
I have found the B&H support fantastic.

Mtnm,
Thanks for the reply. I took my bike to the place where I bought it, and he test rode it and the battery failed again. So since the battery is still under warranty, I get a new one free. It's on the way, however, I'll believe it when I see it.

Mtnm,
Thanks for the reply. I took my bike to the place where I bought it, and he test rode it and the battery failed again. So since the battery is still under warranty, I get a new one free. It's on the way, however, I'll believe it when I see it.
Be a little patient, as BH USA moved from California to St. Louis this month (June '18). I believe they're still settling into their new digs. I too have found BH to be very good supporting their products.

Back