Battery capacity help

killo20004

I've been having a serious issue with the battery capacity I ride 20 miles From work to home I start at a 100% when I get home I will have 19% to 25% Left on the battery when I turn off the bike and leave it off for around 30 to 40 minutes than turn it back on Now the battery says around 55% to 60% Everyday is the same problem last night I got home and it was 14% The following day I turn it on and it was 59% From 59% I road it on Until it drop to 19% than i turn it off let it for off 30 to 40 minutes Then when I turn the bike on it said 31% instead of the 19% any one is having this problem?

Others will likely answer but just wanted to know if you are measuring voltage on the battery with a meter to see if the percent from bike is just wrong? Maybe a setting is not set correctly for your battery type is there a option to show voltage (most accurate), not familiar with this bike just throwing stuff out there. The chart below is for a 48 volt battery but easy to find charts for whatever battery you are using.

Attachments

• Capturebatteryvoltages.PNG
    Capturebatteryvoltages.PNG
    258.2 KB · Views: 601
I've been having a serious issue with the battery capacity I ride 20 miles From work to home I start at a 100% when I get home I will have 19% to 25% Left on the battery when I turn off the bike and leave it off for around 30 to 40 minutes than turn it back on Now the battery says around 55% to 60% Everyday is the same problem last night I got home and it was 14% The following day I turn it on and it was 59% From 59% I road it on Until it drop to 19% than i turn it off let it for off 30 to 40 minutes Then when I turn the bike on it said 31% instead of the 19% any one is having this problem?

Can you try o use some neoprene sleeves?
In cold conditions, the impedance of the battery may rise and this is also possible when using high levels of assist. Once it reaches the normal temperatures, the impedance may decrease and hence the change in measured output.

How old is your battery?

Last edited:
Can you try o use some neoprene sleeves?
In cold conditions, the impedance of the battery may rise and this is also possible when using high levels of assist. Once it reaches temperatures are normal, the impedance may decrease and hence the change in measured output.

How old is your battery?
It's about 1.5 years old it happens in hot weather too

It's about 1.5 years old it happens in hot weather too

I see. What assist level are you using?

The measurement shown on the display is primarily from the voltage readings (voltage readings may dip when the controller is pulling high watts) but what matters is can you ride the bike for 40-50 miles (doesn't matter what the display is showing when in motion. What's your mileage from 100% all the way to 0% ?

assist level 3 , my mileage from 100% all the way to 0% ? is around 28-35 miles , the moment I turn off the bike from battery from 0% I will wait 30 to 40 minutes and turn it back on now the battery shows from 25% to 30% more from 0% my local bike dealer try to speak to stromer
and they have no clue why this is happening last week I went to get a haircut and the ride was 3.4 miles when I left the battery was 100% when I got to the barbershop I look at that display and the battery was at 80% I lock the bike the haircut took around 30 to 40 minutes when I went to unlocked it was at 95% instead of 80%

I assume you have the gold 814 Wh battery? If so your range of 28 - 35 in level 3 is exactly what you would expect. Maybe a bit better.

I don't think the displayed battery percentage on the OMNI is all that accurate. On mine anyway it isn't. I have seen the same "jumping up" after rides, especially when starting from 100% charge. I would monitor it and see what Stromer says.

One thing I have noticed is that if I turn off the charger as soon as it starts flashing green, the OMNI will display the charge percentage as 100%. If I leave the charger plugged in until I get two solid greens (i.e., "fully charged") I of course also get a OMNI reading of 100%. But it can take an hour after the green light starts to flash for it to go solid. Surely some additional charge is being added. For what it's worth, I now unplug as soon as the green light flashes. I've even unplugged while the charge light is still amber, and had the OMNI say the charge was 97% afterwards. And I do get the expected range without "topping off" the battery to two solid green lights on the charger.

Bottom line, if you have a gold 814 and you get over 30 miles all on level 3, you are doing better than what Stromer says you will do.

assist level 3 , my mileage from 100% all the way to 0% ? is around 28-35 miles , the moment I turn off the bike from battery from 0% I will wait 30 to 40 minutes and turn it back on now the battery shows from 25% to 30% more from 0% my local bike dealer try to speak to stromer
and they have no clue why this is happening last week I went to get a haircut and the ride was 3.4 miles when I left the battery was 100% when I got to the barbershop I look at that display and the battery was at 80% I lock the bike the haircut took around 30 to 40 minutes when I went to unlocked it was at 95% instead of 80%

my golds are a little old, get 25 if left on level 3 (and go "fast") always hope for 30 but ...

most likely the battery is at issue , the BMS part,

my gauge is pretty consistant I can make useage judgements and remaing mileage based on the numbers i see and which battery i use. My 1st 1/2 is a little bigger than my 2nd 1/2 and gets more that way over time as the battery diminishes, as expected

I assume you have the gold 814 Wh battery? If so your range of 28 - 35 in level 3 is exactly what you would expect. Maybe a bit better.

I don't think the displayed battery percentage on the OMNI is all that accurate. On mine anyway it isn't. I have seen the same "jumping up" after rides, especially when starting from 100% charge. I would monitor it and see what Stromer says.

One thing I have noticed is that if I turn off the charger as soon as it starts flashing green, the OMNI will display the charge percentage as 100%. If I leave the charger plugged in until I get two solid greens (i.e., "fully charged") I of course also get a OMNI reading of 100%. But it can take an hour after the green light starts to flash for it to go solid. Surely some additional charge is being added. For what it's worth, I now unplug as soon as the green light flashes. I've even unplugged while the charge light is still amber, and had the OMNI say the charge was 97% afterwards. And I do get the expected range without "topping off" the battery to two solid green lights on the charger.

Bottom line, if you have a gold 814 and you get over 30 miles all on level 3, you are doing better than what Stromer says you will do.
No I have the blue battery

I see. What assist level are you using?

The measurement shown on the display is primarily from the voltage readings (voltage readings may dip when the controller is pulling high watts) but what matters is can you ride the bike for 40-50 miles (doesn't matter what the display is showing when in motion. What's your mileage from 100% all the way to 0% ?
Thanks for the reply

No I have the blue battery

You should check your battery status in the Stromer OMNI app. Also have your dealer check the battery health in the Stromer portal. Your range is low unless you are doing lots of uphill fast in level 3. Stromer says you should get 37 in level 3 with the blue battery. In my experience it is a little more.

The chart below is for a 48 volt battery but easy to find charts for whatever battery you are using.

For the user of a ST2 and upward battery, it's not possible to do voltage measurement. The battery safety cuts off the working power if the battery is not connected to the Stromer. With the excellent battery warranty from Stromer in mind, I expect, the maximum discharge is set above the specs of the cell manufacturers (to extend the lifetime).

Back