Assist modes for Bosch motors

janber

Region
Europe
Which Bosch motors do support which assist modes and is that dependent on what computer system you choose?
Is there an overview somewhere?

Which Bosch motors do support which assist modes and is that dependent on what computer system you choose?
Is there an overview somewhere?
this is about it. some of the new ones I think go to 350% then if you have a nyon you can customize them. if this was a speed motor you would see the drop-off at 19mph
IMG_3783.jpg

Does MODE 1 - 4 in the diagram correspond to the assistance levels ECO/TOUR/SPORT/TURBO
and are these levels the same for all Active Line and Performance Line motors (except CX), of course with different power exertion depending on which motor. And are these levels the same independent of which computer system installed?

Do you have a specific motor or and/or model of bike you are considering? That would be easier to answer since there are 4 generations of drive units, multiple lines within most generations, 3 generations of systems along with multiple displays available, plus the OEM can potentially affect what modes are available to you.

Here's a general answer:
-the default modes are Eco/tour/sport/turbo for all drive units as far as I know.
-Gen4 drive units MAY, at the OEMs discretion, come with a Tour+ OR eMtb mode which replaces Tour mode I believe. These are variable assist modes meant to balance range with more assist when needed.
-the Nyon display allows you to program 4 custom assist levels which replace the default 4 assist modes if you make the custom modes active. You can switch which set of modes is active, default or custom.
- the new Bosch system3 is the next gen sw and display which is not backwards compatible with anything. So far the only drive unit and display combo for this system is the CX and Kiox300. I believe all of these bikes have customizable assist via the new smartsystem.

Confusing, isn't it? But why does the OP ask? Seems to me the focus should be on the whole bike - from the motor to the gear range. Maximum motor torque is useful if one's concerned about hill climbing, I suspect, but even that is also strongly influenced by gearing ratios for a mid drive.

Confusing, isn't it? But why does the OP ask? Seems to me the focus should be on the whole bike - from the motor to the gear range. Maximum motor torque is useful if one's concerned about hill climbing, I suspect, but even that is also strongly influenced by gearing ratios for a mid drive.
exactly my bike came with way too big of a chainring. I think 50 and I took it down to 44 and man the bike climbs so much better. I mean I didn't to need to spin when going 35mph. Now I will spin out around 30 or so but I climb far better.

OK, just looking for an overview of the different Bosch eBike systems, but that seems to lack. I know the importance of bike transmission in combination with motor system but that isn't the question here.

These pages pretty much show the possibilities. But it can still vary some as the OEM can choose whether or not to implement some modes

Back