are st2 tires tubeless

I think you need to create your own single running FAQ :) You're single-handedly keeping the ST2 forum running!

Tubeless seems to me to be more of an off-road riding thing, lots of fat bikers and FS 29er types go tubeless. But agree, no reason you can't put some slime or orange seal or stans in the tube as well.

yes, I know I'm resurecting a 3 year old thread, but it is dealing with the tubeless question. I got a pinch flat on my ST2s today and noticed the rim tape said "tubeless ready". I'm convinced that the pinch flat would not have happened running tubeless. The impact was mild and the rim was undamaged, but the impact was just enough to snakebite the tube. I'm going to run tubeless in my occasional ST2s called "Sunday" and perhaps more logically in my summer commuter "Utica" and see how it goes. One concern is that the bike does need to be ridden regularly or the tubeless sealant will flow to the bottom and settle. I'll report back here with findings.

Last edited:
yes, I know I'm resurecting a 3 year old thread, but it is dealing with the tubeless question. I got a pinch flat on my ST2s today and noticed the rim tape said "tubeless ready". I'm convinced that the pinch flatwould not have happened running tubeless. The impact was mild and the rim was undamaged, but the impact was just enough to snakebite the tube. I'm going to run tubeless in my occasional ST2s called "Sunday" and perhaps more logically in my summer commuter "Utica" and see how it goes. One concern is that the bike does need to be ridden regularly or the tubeless sealant will flow to the bottom and settle. I'll report back here with findings.

The ST2-S uses top of the line DT Swiss rims that are UTS (universal tubeless system)compatible and these rims are actually downhill-quality material. If you run them with Schwalbe Marathon Almotions in tubeless configuration, you get the lowest rolling resistance combined with highest puncture protection. The continental top contact II are sporty tires but don't offer a lot of flat protection.

The ST2-S uses top of the line DT Swiss rims that are UTS (universal tubeless system)compatible and these rims are actually downhill-quality material. If you run them with Schwalbe Marathon Almotions in tubeless configuration, you get the lowest rolling resistance combined with highest puncture protection. The continental top contact II are sporty tires but don't offer a lot of flat protection.

yes the ST2s rim is high quality. I like them so much, I'm going to lace them or something of similar quality onto my ST1x's at some point in the future. I also dislike having to keep schrader valve tube in stock. I purchased some Wheels Mfg Presta Stem Savers which will allow me to just use presta tubes in the ST1x until I can redo the rims slowly.

As I Was changing the pinchflat on the ST2s, I remarked how thin those tires were, so you're absolutely right. The ST2s tires are sporty but don't offer a lot of flat protection.

Back