Anyone using a rear camera?

CodyDog

Region
USA
City
Colorado
If so, what are your thoughts. I'm looking at the FLY6 that is very discounted at my LBS.

I haven't used the FLY6 yet but I'm looking at it, as well as several other products. I don't ride public roads often so recording traffic incidents isn't a high priority for me. The programmable lighting and anti theft features are attractive though as well as the ability to power it via my ebike battery. I'm mainly concerned with recording video of my rides for future reference, both front and rear. The price of the FLY6 makes it attractive for that feature alone.

You might want to check out some of the reviews on Amazon before buying though:
https://www.amazon.com/CYCLIQ-Fly6-...8&qid=1533234630&sr=8-3&keywords=fly+6+camera

That's a video recording camera. I thought it was a rear view camera like in cars. I use a rear camera but its connected to a front screen on my handle bars so I can see who is coming up behind me.

That's a video recording camera. I thought it was a rear view camera like in cars. I use a rear camera but its connected to a front screen on my handle bars so I can see who is coming up behind me.
That makes more sense to me... like a replacement for a rearview mirror. I don't really need to record on video what I have left behind me. If I wanted to record my ride on video, I would have a front facing camera.

Back