Alphbetadog

Anyone want to meet up for a emtb ride on some of the wonderful trails around Prescott? I'm getting a little bored riding by myself as I only have one buddy that has an emtb, and by nature they are not totally compatible riding with others on "analog" bikes. I'm a strong reasonably fit 58 year-old rider, but not crazy - prefer not to crash! PM me if you would like to meet up for rides.

Last edited:
Nobody? A couple of the traditional bike shops here in Prescott are now selling emtbs. I got to think there are others out there like me that would like to join up and go for rides? We got such awesome trails around here.

Love the Prescott area. Used to visit there often, especially during the rodeo. You must have some great trails.

Yes great mtb trails that are continually being made by a coalition of bicycle groups and the local government. Another aspect that makes for great riding, especially with emtbs it the hilly terrain. The weather is great too being not too hot and we get these wonderful late afternoon thunderstorms this time of year that keep things green and moist and makes the trail surfaces wonderful.

Wife and I are seriously looking at moving there. Just wondering how hard or expensive home owners insurance is when you live amongst the pine trees. Also looking in town but would love to be in the foothills...

Well if you are still there in a year or so. I’ll ride with you or try....

Wife and I are seriously looking at moving there. Just wondering how hard or expensive home owners insurance is when you live amongst the pine trees. Also looking in town but would love to be in the foothills...

Well if you are still there in a year or so. I’ll ride with you or try....

My home is in the pines, but within the city limits (1.2 miles S of the Courthouse Square) and homeowners insurance isn't any higher than when we lived in Scottsdale down in the desert. Most are firewise neighborhoods and the wildfire season really isn't that long basically ending once the monsoonal rain patters set in about the middle of July or earlier. July and August are by far the wettest months and right now the place is lush, moist, and green. It rain most every afternoon, which makes the trails through the woods even nicer!

Get in touch with me if you come for visit and/or get moved here. Prescott is great town.

Back