Any interest in supporting a new product launch (scale up)?

pushkar

Hey everyone. Watt Wagons is working on something really cool for the full suspension system (Hydra, and the future), and I was wondering if there any interest in supporting / funding this initiative?

1. What is it ? It is a new drivetrain component for full suspension bicycles. ;)🤣
  2. What you get : you will receive this component package at our cost. Plus the remaining rest of the $$.
  3. Estimated to go live in September / October, but can be sooner if we go CNC route for some parts.
  4. For those that are interested and open to funding, we can share some initial test videos + validation test results. The initial tests have gone very well, and we are ready to scale up.
I have spoken with a few of you here privately and I am encouraged by the feedback so far. I wanted to make a more formal post so if there are other riders who wish to support us for this step.

Please comment here or message me.

Thanks

Wow. I am in. We want to support you.

Questions
1. What if I want to support you longer term - Are you doing any equity ?
2. Is this "round" more like inventory financing ?
3. Are you looking for a min check size?

Wow. I am in. We want to support you.

Questions
1. What if I want to support you longer term - Are you doing any equity ?
2. Is this "round" more like inventory financing ?
3. Are you looking for a min check size?
Oh wow.
1. Umm.. equity is tricky tbh. We dont have a good enough answer - but will depend on check size :)
2. Yeah, i think inventory financing is partially what it is. We are providing return in form of significantly reduced cost of the part.
3. Min check size : Ideally yes. the initial conversations are around 5k or 10k.

Pushkar, this is awesome that you’re continuing pushing the envelope and advancing the ebike space. However, personally, I’m reluctant to provide additional support before my existing commitment that I’ve placed in the Helios has materialized. Hope you understand where I’m coming from. But, of course, I wish you much success in this venture as much as I have for your others.

@onlineaddy Absolutely understand.

Infact, I held back on posting this till i was fairly confident that we had turned the corner on the existing commitments, and i could see the builds on the near term horizon. Thanks so much for your inputs and help and support. :) Truly appreciate this.

Hi Pushkar. Just to confirm that I am interested in supporting the new product launch. Please keep me in the loop for further information and thank you to keep raising the bar of excellence for the e-MTB industry.

Trying to understand...

Is this something that is retrofitted to a Hydra, or a new FS product?

Can it be fitted to other products, such as the Helios?

Bearing in mind that I don't know what it is...

Trying to understand...

Is this something that is retrofitted to a Hydra, or a new FS product?

Can it be fitted to other products, such as the Helios?

Bearing in mind that I don't know what it is...
Yes this is retrofit on the hydra.
Helios doesn’t need it. 😉

Any Full suspension bike with thru axles can use it.

Pushkar, this is awesome that you’re continuing pushing the envelope and advancing the ebike space. However, personally, I’m reluctant to provide additional support before my existing commitment that I’ve placed in the Helios has materialized. Hope you understand where I’m coming from. But, of course, I wish you much success in this venture as much as I have for your others.
I'll echo this comment by saying I won't provide any additional support until the two Helio bikes I've ordered are in my hot, little hands.

Hey everyone. Watt Wagons is working on something really cool for the full suspension system (Hydra, and the future), and I was wondering if there any interest in supporting / funding this initiative?

1. What is it ? It is a new drivetrain component for full suspension bicycles. ;)🤣
  2. What you get : you will receive this component package at our cost. Plus the remaining rest of the $$.
  3. Estimated to go live in September / October, but can be sooner if we go CNC route for some parts.
  4. For those that are interested and open to funding, we can share some initial test videos + validation test results. The initial tests have gone very well, and we are ready to scale up.
I have spoken with a few of you here privately and I am encouraged by the feedback so far. I wanted to make a more formal post so if there are other riders who wish to support us for this step.

Thanks

Thanks
Depends on cost. But, want to ride the Hydra when I get it before I commit.

Is it possible that a few customers that already have Ebikes, but also have the Helios on order might want to upgrade to this, by waiting before you ship it ?
As they take the hit, what can you do for them ?
In a few cases it might work out better for both parties involved. Although I can tell from some of the comments in this thread people want their new Ebikes ASAP for this spring and summer.

Yes, but if one assumes that it is a kit to retrofit a belt drive to a FS bike, then someone who bought a Helios might wish to switch to the Hydra, eventually getting both FS and a belt drive.

Back