Any info on 2023 Models , 4.0/5.0 Vado's &SL 's ?

In June they teased a new e-cargo bike for 1st quarter 2023 release .

globe-1ba33bdcbc8e4f5f90b37906baa2a228.jpg

Also for me link doesn't bring up any models .

My guess based on nothing :) is next model release with be a "carry-over " year with just color changes and price increases .
I did read one internet rumor that an even lighter and more high performance ebike is coming for 2023 .

How do you know these are MY23?
(Your link does not work for me).

My guess based on nothing :) is next model release with be a "carry-over " year with just color changes and price increases .
I did read one internet rumor that an even lighter and more high performance ebike is coming for 2023 .

Not sure why the link doesn't work - it's what I had when I did a "Compare" of the three models on the SBC website.

As to @Stefan Mikes question - the website claims 2023 models, and these three are what show up when I shop the Vado SL models and select to sort by "New".

Screenshot 2022-08-19 075608.pngScreenshot 2022-08-19 075630.png

Not sure why the link doesn't work - it's what I had when I did a "Compare" of the three models on the SBC website.

As to @Stefan Mikes question - the website claims 2023 models, and these three are what show up when I shop the Vado SL models and select to sort by "New".

View attachment 132529View attachment 132530
Well these models are 2022 in the Polish and German websites. For 2023, I just expect SLs equipped with the Mastermind TCU and some new colours.

Lighter ? Honestly what on earth for ? I can see lighter in MTB world . But Bikes for the road seem fine where they are . Or are you speaking of smaller batteries and Motors .

Sometimes these release dates get confusing. My new Como (3 weeks) is mark as a 2023. So wil next year be marked as 2024?
Gonna post a pic soon. Still working on a name. 😊🚴🏾‍♂️

Sometimes these release dates get confusing. My new Como (3 weeks) is mark as a 2023. So wil next year be marked as 2024?
Gonna post a pic soon. Still working on a name. 😊🚴🏾‍♂️
I think most companies release for the next model year is July . Don't quote me on that . But My Trek was purchased in early august 2017 and is 2018 model . My Vado 4 purchased in Sept 2019 . Had just arrived 2 weeks earlier and is a 2020 model . I also think it varies by models . I know Trek releases some of their models 6 months before their model year dating:
Auto Dealers do the same sorta thing . When they have their Summer Sales . Back in the old days pre Covid . You were able to purchase by ordering . Models for the up-coming year 4 months earlier . Getting them in 2 weeks . At least Ford and GM were that way .

Specialized have already raised their prices .
I told them the 2022 Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ in Brushed Aluminum , Medium @ $4750 is Sold Out on line .
They sent me a link to that specific model that is in stock @ $5250 .

Will the 2023 be even higher ?!

My guess is the rumored lighter high performance model will be powered by the Mahle X20 .
Turbo Creo SL only ?

Last edited:
So I bought my Vado SL 4.0 in Oct 2020 (It was released in March 2020 I think) for £2,500 UK pounds. The top of my budget. Around Christmas 2020 Specialized put up all their prices and the same model went up to £2800. It then crept to £3000 over the following months in 2021. Just checking the official Specialized UK site and the older Deore equipped version (same as mine) is listed at £3000 but sold out. The newer Sram NX & Sunrise cassette version in attractive lime green is listed at £3500.

£3500!! That's a full one thousand pounds increase for the same bike- arguably with a lower spec. Certainly the sunrace cassette is cheaper then the deore M4100. If I was looking to buy an ebike now I could not afford this bike. Re the future - I'm guessing Mahle and Specialized in their Willy wonka red brick R&D factory in Switzerland must be working on a quieter & lighter mid drive motor to compete with the new TQ, Fazua 60 and Orbea's RS adjusted Shimano motors. The SL mid drive space is getting crowded. And very expensive.

Mahle X25 and the new (lighter?) X20 are rear hub motors. The SL is the only ebike/pedelec middle motor from Mahle and afaik until 2025 exclusively for Specizlized.
And even if it's nice looking, light and silent, I would never buy a racing bike with such a motor. Especially in the mountains it's no comparison to the Sl drive!

Last edited:
Back