750W, new model?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's the same bike, with a different part number, for the US market, where 750W is allowed (in most states).

The G06 model Bafang hub in the standard Téo is rated 500/750 nominal. For Canada it's limited by software to 500W.

In my humble opinion, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Stephane has the 750w. Need to go for a ride with him and see if the new ones are dialed down. I'm guessing they're not.:)

Bennoit stated that my America bound [ June 2017 delivery ] bike would be set too 750 watts, seriously doubt that it is!

Bennoit stated that my America bound [ June 2017 delivery ] bike would be set too 750 watts, seriously doubt that it is!
Hmmm. Well if you have first hand experience that the Rad and the M2S outclimb the Teo then there must be a reason for it. I've emailed Benoit to get some clarification. I'm hoping he will post some answers to our questions.

I have customers who prefer the 5oo Watts motor and others the 750 Watts. The important thing is to be comfortable with the power of the engine according to its agility in the trails traversed. A 750W motor requires better bike control than the 500W. There are two types of Square Wave or sine wave controller. the square wave is more powerful on the start than the other. One is not better than the other. It is a matter of personal preference. At the moment our models 2018 750W are equipped with controllers sqare wave and our 500W with sine wave.

I have customers who prefer the 5oo Watts motor and others the 750 Watts. The important thing is to be comfortable with the power of the engine according to its agility in the trails traversed. A 750W motor requires better bike control than the 500W. There are two types of Square Wave or sine wave controller. the square wave is more powerful on the start than the other. One is not better than the other. It is a matter of personal preference. At the moment our models 2018 750W are equipped with controllers square wave and our 500W with sine wave.
So nice to see you on here Benoit!! Thanks for replying so quickly:) So a couple more questions if you don't mind answering.
Do the 2017's have the sine wave controller? You mention that the square wave is more powerful on the start...Does this mean it has more torque than the sine wave? Should it then continue to have more snap (torque) throughout its power curve, but not necessarily more speed? Does the extra torque (if that's what it has) make a difference on the life of the motor? The gears inside the motor?

If the 2017's have the sine wave and the 2018's the square wave, is it possible to install the square wave controller in the 2017 without too much grief?
Do the bikes have the same motor, but are classed as 500w and 750w because of the different controllers? What controller did the 2016's 750w come with?

I am very comfortable with my bikes power and don't really need any more torque, but I can't have my bike being slower than Denis's bike. Even if its just off the line. Even if we probably will never ride together because we live on opposite sides of this great nation. I'll know my bike is slower and that just wont do.:D

Benoit, please, could you explain in more details the various flavours of Teos.

Looks like all models may have the exact same Bafang 8Fun motor. Is this the case, simple yes or no.

2016 motor is? What's the controller?
2017 motor is? What's the controller?
2018 motor is? One has controller A for 500W or controller B for 750W

Are controllers available? What are our options?

Thank you.

Bonjour Denis,
Nous avons vendus des 500w wet 750w, depuis le début.
Les controleurs sont sqare Wave seulement pour les nouveaux modèle 2018

Back