Biruni cargo bike controller

Tom P

My new biruni bike came last month. I rode it for 120 miles and broke 2 spokes. Trying to get new spokes but the bike company is sending a whole new rear wheel. That's good. It's been a week since he promised delivery. called today and biruni said they sent it to ELV motors a week ago. I also asked for an operating manual for the controller. ELV told me they just got the wheel today and will ship today and send me a tracking number. Both promised a link to the controller info. All that was 6 hours ago. So far I've heard nothing, nada, zippo.
If I could I would send it back and try the Pedego.

I recieved the pdf file and now have an owners manual for the bike. Thanks to the Biruni bike mfg. All the paperwork is now complete. Should have the wheel by Tuesday.

I received the wheel and the bike shop couldn't assemble the cassette because the threads for the lock nut was egg shaped. Took me a day to make a jig out of wood, saw it in half, clamp it on to force the threads back to round, and back to the bike shop. Had front wheel trued so as to avoid broken spokes there. finally got the whole thing running again. Yippee! Then the shift index broke..... would drift into a fast gear if I didn't hold pressure on it. That was the last straw. Now in the process of shipping it back. 20% restock fee and @ $200 in shipping for a $700 loss. The fellow at the dealership has said he wants to be reimbursed for the original free shipping. AND I spent $42 for truing and $40 to send the defective rear wheel back.
So, two and a half weeks total riding time for a potential loss of over $1000. The lesson I learned is to go to the bike shop to buy a bike. I'm really feeling swindled.

Back