Velotric Discover II warranty claim.

Mike N.

Hi, I just had my first issue with my Discover II. After a ride with my friend on my Discover II and me on my Ride1up LMT'D Tuesday, the Discover II would not start up July 31st. I contacted their support and they replied:

Thank you for contacting Velotric.
We wanted to address the recent issue you experienced with your bike's display and battery system.
Upon reviewing your case, we understand that there may have been an issue with the connection between the display and the PAS panel, Additionally, there may be damage to the battery port and socket.
To resolve this matter efficiently, we would like to take the following steps:
Please reconnect the display and PAS panel connector, ensuring a secure connection. Additionally, kindly inspect the battery port and socket for any damage.

We kindly request that you provide us with the following photos:
1. Photo of the battery port
2. Photo of the battery socket

If there are no issues found with the connections and components, we will send you a new display unit promptly.
Additionally, please provide us with your current shipping address and a photo of the display's serial number on the back of it.
We appreciate your understanding.

I sent the pictures as they requested and they said they would send me a new display. I was thinking it was a bad on/off switch but they must know better than me. Well I received the new display today and once installed the bike started right up. I can only say the support procedure was very fast and I'm very happy with my purchase. The packaging and shipping of the bike, the fit and finish were all excellent. Plus having a two year warranty.

My only negative comment is the tires. My friend Dan had a rear flat while we were riding which I repaired. Small tiny puncture from a tiny tiny thorn. The Kenda tires are brand new and was not expecting a flat already. They ride and grip fine but I think I'm going to switch them out for SCHWALBE Big Ben Plus E-Bike Endurance GreenGuard Tire 27.5 x 2.15. A little narrower tire but I have had good luck with Schwalbe.

So I have nothing but good things to say about the bike and company.

Hi, I have my 2nd warranty claim on my Discover II. The rear taillight does not come on now in steady or flashing mode. The rear brake light works with both brake handles and the turn signals work. Just the taillight. I opened a service request with Velotric today and I'll share the information once received.

I received my response from Velotric. There was nothing wrong with the taillight function. Just have to have the lights on auto-light. User error. Still very happy with my purchase.

Dear Mike,

We hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to clarify some points regarding the auto-light function on your D2. We've noticed that you may have a confusion how the auto-light function works.

The auto-light function is designed to automatically turn on the headlights and taillights when the light around you is dimmed. However, this function only activates when the auto-light function is enabled in the bike's menu.
To enable the auto-light function, please follow these simple steps:

• Go to the bike's menu and select the "Auto-Light" option.
  • Make sure it is set to "On".

Once the auto-light function is enabled, you can test it by covering the small right corner of the display with your hand for about 10-15 seconds. The headlights and taillights will come on automatically.

I received my response from Velotric. There was nothing wrong with the taillight function. Just have to have the lights on auto-light. User error. Still very happy with my purchase.

Dear Mike,

We hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to clarify some points regarding the auto-light function on your D2. We've noticed that you may have a confusion how the auto-light function works.

The auto-light function is designed to automatically turn on the headlights and taillights when the light around you is dimmed. However, this function only activates when the auto-light function is enabled in the bike's menu.
To enable the auto-light function, please follow these simple steps:

• Go to the bike's menu and select the "Auto-Light" option.
  • Make sure it is set to "On".

Once the auto-light function is enabled, you can test it by covering the small right corner of the display with your hand for about 10-15 seconds. The headlights and taillights will come on automatically.

How does Velo disco 2 compare with Ride1Up Lmtd you have ?
I need more throttle power and like Torque sensor as well.
Any other ebike you can recommend based on your exp/knowledge ?

Thanks

How does Velo disco 2 compare with Ride1Up Lmtd you have ?
I need more throttle power and like Torque sensor as well.
Any other ebike you can recommend based on your exp/knowledge ?

Thanks
The fit and finish on the Velotric is much better then Ride1up. The Discover 2 feels heavier then the V1 and the torque is only 75nm vs 95nm. The Discover 2 feels like more effort is needed to get it up to speed from a stop but no problem maintaining speed. They both have torque sensors. The geometry is different too and you feel like you're sitting more upright on the Discover 2 . I have the large frame Discover 2 and it does feel like a larger bike.

The Discover 2 has a 2 year warranty and the V2 a one year. I'm sure that says something of the quality. I had a V1 step through also but it had too much flex in the frame and I sold it to a friend. None with the Discover 2. I think it was corrected in the V2 frame. Ride1up has a great Labor day sale on the V2. You can get a V2 in snowstorm white for $1295.00. Something to consider.

I'm also interested in the Euphree Steller Falcon step through. It's more expensive but you can actually switch it by the display from torque to cadence on the fly. Once again a 2 year warranty.

Thanks Mike, I like reading your comments.

Looking a Euphree ebike, looks like their component quality is bit better than others, as reflected in price as well.

Last edited:
Back