2022 Momentum - getting duplicate key?

Servo

Region
Canada
I misplaced my spare key for the battery lock, and Giant North America won’t make duplicates. No doubt they want people to buy a complete lock assembly.

Has anyone had any luck getting a locksmith to make one, given the key code is available?

I misplaced my spare key for the battery lock, and Giant North America won’t make duplicates. No doubt they want people to buy a complete lock assembly.
Understand your frustration, but sending out duplicate keys also raises security issues. How does Giant know you're the rightful owner?

If you bought the bike from a Giant dealer with records proving ownership, maybe they can intercede.

wat brand is the lock if there is a brand? that'd good thing with bosch and Abus its not hard to get keys.

That was going through a Giant dealer. I don’t think there is even an easy way to contact Giant without going through a dealer.

edit: Would it say on the lock cylinder itself?

Welcome to the forum!

If you post a pic of the key, someone may be able to recommend a key blank that could be used to make a duplicate.

Attachments

• IMG_4677.jpeg
    IMG_4677.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 25
Apparently “Silca GNT1P” will also work.
Not sure how easy either of those blanks will be to get.

Anyone have a suggestion for North American key blanks?

Silca is only available to locksmiths, and I’m getting the impression North American locksmiths can’t get them.

The store above is US only, and themselves must have obtained them from Giant Europe.

Not in Canada, but a friend used these guys and had good luck with the experience with a Giant Fathom E+,

Now that you mention it, it does say tkm on the key. But the code I have isn’t anywhere close to what’s listed. I actually checked that site a few days ago, and it led to “door locks and other things”.

edit: Just after I placed an order on the above site, I found the spare key. 🤷‍♂️
But now I know where to get them. Thanks all.

Last edited:
Back