Truckrun issues?!

Jewellbaby

Region
USA
Hello, I am fairly new to forum. Need help!! Been reading a lot of post to try to troubleshoot my Rambo cruiser! I think my bro sold me a lemon!!! It's a 7 gear and the tires were rotted so I changed them out myself. Ever since, the power assist won't engage.

I don't know if because the bike sat for 2 months, but the battery showed a charge just the motor wouldn't engage while peddling then display would shut off.

I thought it was the sensor, checked all cables and charged battery again (since the display would show full, but then go down to 2 cells).Then I accidentally dropped the battery pack while reinstalling it to bike. I took it apart and realized the positive came off, so I resoldered that back on.

The charger still shows full charge.. I've reinstalled battery on terminal & display DID power on.. im going to try to ride it today, but if it doesn't work, I will need help.

Sidenote: anyone else use the truckrun app? I downloaded and it says it's sending me a code, but I never received a code!

No luck, still powers off after peddling once in power assist level 1. I cannot get the bikes gears to shift to #1 or #7 so I wonder of the derailer or shift sensor is whacked out? Pic attached if anyone has an idea. How can I adjust of the chain wont go to last gear?
20240114_152545.jpg

Attachments

• 20240114_151519.jpg
    20240114_151519.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240114_151513.jpg
    20240114_151513.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Also what if I don't use the throttle? Can I disconnect it altogether? The mph does not register on lcd panel so im just asking anything and everything. When the power assist worked it seemed like the thumb throttle didnt seem to work anyhow, could that mess up the assist overtime?

I have the Savage which is a newer version of your Cruiser. It looks like you may have more than one problem. Simplest first is the derailleur. It’s mechanical so it needs to be adjusted to go into the lowest and highest gears. If you haven’t done that before there are lots of YouTube videos on how to adjust them. It looks like you have a fair amount of slack with it in 2nd gear so the shift cable may need to be adjusted. Also make sure the drivetrain (chain, cassette, derailleur esp around the jockey wheels) are clean and lubricated. Yours doesn’t look too bad but a good clean and lubrication will help make sure everything works as it should. If you aren’t comfortable doing it yourself some bike shops won’t work on e-bikes but some will and this is just a standard bike tuneup that all bikes need and isn’t ebike specific maintenance.

Once your drivetrain is adjusted then you can figure out if there’s another problem with e-assist or not. Mine works fine so I can’t help you there but I’d suggest the Rambo owners Facebook group which is pretty active. I think you can disconnect the throttle. Do you have a speed sensor magnet on your rear wheel? If not that can mess things up and that’s an easy thing to replace.

The Truckrun unit doesn’t have Bluetooth so the app won’t work. Rambo has Bluetooth in some of their more expensive bikes but not these.

Edit: I see your speed sensor magnet now. Make sure it’s aligned properly with the sensor on the chain stay.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. How do you like your savage? Do you ride it on the street? 🚴‍♀️I needed the encouragement to try adjusting the derailleur again. Id gotten it to go into first and 7th gear the other day messing around with it.. I tried to run the motor; but same thing occurred no mph registering on display and then the display turned off. 😔

I am thinking of ordering a new speed sensor, as the next step. I noticed a little kink in the wire + no mph showing. Just gotta get a few more paychecks to afford it.

I've been riding it without the power assist, on the street. Its good exercise. I like the fat tires makes balancing and steering better than a standard sized bike. After frustration I took the battery off and thought why am I lugging around 10 extra pounds when the damn thing won't even work! Haa!

I don't have FB but ill see if i can view a few more troubleshooting ideas! Thanks again!

I would call Rambo if you haven’t already to see if they can help you troubleshoot the problem but it does sound like the speed sensor.

I use it to commute to work in the country so I ride it partially on dirt roads and partially on paved roads and streets. Also ride it on forest roads. I like the fat tires too. My other ebike is a drop bar gravel bike and this is far better for commuting but it’s partially since I have a couple of really steep hills on my commute. I took a break from commuting because it was getting dark too early to safely commute home but now that sunset here is after 5pm it’s about time to resume when weather permits. I have a rear rack and case on mine and it’s perfect for rural commuting in the hills.

Last edited:
Back