Juggernaught Ultra FS PRO

Megathumper

Region
USA
Hi all, I recently purchased this bike and got the stock Biktrix brake systems. I did not know brakes would be so bad !!
The rear works ok, but the front disks hardly do anything as far as stopping the bike. I have tried the bedding process without luck.
The brake system appears to properly bled, there is a lot of lever pressure, but as strong as I am, I can't get much out of the front brakes. Tired of dodging trees.
So... I am wondering if there might be a more grippy pad set available but don't know what brand or model number to look for.

Anyone know what pads I need to look for?

Thanks!

First check that the pads/rotors are not contaminated with some type of fluid/oil. Isopropyl alcohol cleans these well. You can also wet sand the pads flat if uneven. I use 600 grit.
I like ceramic pads... Which are available for most break systems. You need to find the model of pad you have. If you don't have documentation, or can't get an answer from Biktrix, just remove them and measure.

They are clean, no problem there. I have not sanded the pads as of yet, may have to... but I am pretty sure they are flat. Just no stopping power.
I have asked Biktrix but they don't seem to know what is on the bike. Asked for pictures of the lever, I guess so they can read the brand name of Biktrex that I already told them. Anyway, I send the pictures but no answer yet.

Biktrix is shipping me new brake pads for front and rear. Hope the fronts have more stopping power than the original ones! So far they have been helping me out! Hope it continues...

I would suggest still doing what @Gionnirocket mentioned - clean your rotors with iso alcohol. It doesn't take much contamination to ruin/glaze pads.
It's also worth sorting which caliper/brake system you have, as you can look into other pad options in the future.
Chances are high you can basically get a 'lifetime supply' (nearly anyways) from AliExpress for the cost of a single set locally.
I prefer when possible to buy locally, but $40 or so for a set of bicycle brake pads just hits the 'no thanks' checkbox for me..
For example, here's 4 pair of ceramic brake pads for ~$10 shipped: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832670133219.html

If you want your brakes to function properly do these three things:
1. lightly sand your pads (even a Brillo pad will work here). The key word here is 'lightly'.
2. clean the rotors with brake cleaner ( or something similar)
3. Very important-bed in your pads/rotors. If you're too easy on the brakes the pads will glaze over and braking performance will suffer.

Reactions: rtp
Hi all, I recently purchased this bike and got the stock Biktrix brake systems. I did not know brakes would be so bad !!
The rear works ok, but the front disks hardly do anything as far as stopping the bike. I have tried the bedding process without luck.
The brake system appears to properly bled, there is a lot of lever pressure, but as strong as I am, I can't get much out of the front brakes. Tired of dodging trees.
So... I am wondering if there might be a more grippy pad set available but don't know what brand or model number to look for.

Anyone know what pads I need to look for?

Thanks!

I hope your juggernaut braking is better now, megathumper!

My FS ultra pro 3 came with the optional magura mt5e brakes. Thus far they are braking well for me in the dry. It just rained here, so I might try some steeper downhills tonight in the wet to see if they fade at all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230703_162812_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703_162812_Photos.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 89
Back