Hydraulic rim brake issues

lsnz

I have an Agattu B8 with hydraulic rim brakes. It's 5 years old; the brakes need bleeding once a year. Last year the big bike shop in town told me the brakes are obsolete and they can't service them any more. This year I took it to a small bike shop where they assured me they could do the job. They were optimistic. In the end, it took them 8 weeks and they told me they had to order a "hard-to-find" part to bleed the brakes. Have others had this problem? If so, does anyone have a solution? The big bike shop's solution was to buy a new bike.

Thanks for the links. After watching videos you refer to, I find it hard to see why an LBS sees this as something they can't handle. In fact, I might be able to do it myself. And the bleed kit doesn't look so "hard to find."

Thanks for the links. After watching videos you refer to, I find it hard to see why an LBS sees this as something they can't handle. In fact, I might be able to do it myself. And the bleed kit doesn't look so "hard to find."
ya it should not be too hard. but they may just not be comfortable with it as they may never have done it. the worst yo can do is waste fluid learning to do it.

Back