Front hub stupid tight!

sc00ter

Region
USA
City
Norfolk, VA
So I pull the front wheel off my Malibu GT today to install some tire liners. When holding the axle to spin the wheel and check if my tire is seated I realized I couldn't hold the wheel! The front axle was way over tight! I only have about 60 miles on the bike so I don't think any damage was done so I just took some cone wrenches and relieved some tension off the hub. May pull it apart and check the grease as well soon. So if you have an E-Lux check your front hub adjustments.

That should be standard operating procedure for any bike that wasn't set up by a good local shop. If your pedals are open bearings, do the same with them. I've read about a lot of dry bearings, don't wait too long to check that.

I gotta go back to the shop I purchased it from to buy a extra battery charger so I'll mention the super tight hub while there. I generally hate unsealed bearing hubs after being spoiled with Phil Woods on my old bmx bike. But if lubed with quality grease and adjusted properly unsealed/loose ball hubs are pretty good. I also swapped out my pedals for Odyssey Twisted PC pedals as they fit my riding style and I can get them in crazy colors. Gave the stock pedals back to the bike shop.

Back