8000 mile update

EdC

It’s been two and a half years since I purchased my Pegasus Premio Sport electric bike. I haven spent a penny on repairs or maintenance in the 8000 miles I’ve traveled. The tires and break pads are still ok. The only part of the bike that is showing significant ware are the had grips and seat. This bike just goes and goes and goes. Ed

It’s been two and a half years since I purchased my Pegasus Premio Sport electric bike. I haven spent a penny on repairs or maintenance in the 8000 miles I’ve traveled. The tires and break pads are still ok. The only part of the bike that is showing significant ware are the had grips and seat. This bike just goes and goes and goes. Ed
it sounds like you may be in trouble if you have not changed the chain in 8000 miles. you may have damaged the whole drive train. you need to get one of these and check the chain. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T4VDXY9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
even a non ebike 5000 or so miles is about it on a chain. if you ride in the rain or where things get dirty its less.

it sounds like you may be in trouble if you have not changed the chain in 8000 miles. you may have damaged the whole drive train. you need to get one of these and check the chain. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T4VDXY9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
even a non ebike 5000 or so miles is about it on a chain. if you ride in the rain or where things get dirty its less.
The Pegasus bike, I own, has an Nexus 8 gear internal hub, not a cassette. The chain tension doesn’t change when shifting gears It’s stationary, like a single speed bike. My last ebike was a Giant Twist. It had a 7 speed Nexus internal geared rear hub too. I rode that from 2009 until 2018. It had over 20k miles when I gave it to my neighbors son and it still had the original chain. just keep my bike chain reasonably clean and lubricated and it will last a really long time with bikes with internal geared rear hubs. Ed

The Pegasus bike, I own, has an Nexus 8 gear internal hub, not a cassette. The chain tension doesn’t change when shifting gears It’s stationary, like a single speed bike. My last ebike was a Giant Twist. It had a 7 speed Nexus internal geared rear hub too. I rode that from 2009 until 2018. It had over 20k miles when I gave it to my neighbors son and it still had the original chain. just keep my bike chain reasonably clean and lubricated and it will last a really long time with bikes with internal geared rear hubs. Ed
but it is a mid drive so your putting more force on it so check it. you dont want to have to replace chainrings and sprockets.

I’m going to keep inserting update every 1000 miles. I let everyone viewing these updates how my chain is holding up. May you are right

I’m going to keep inserting update every 1000 miles. I let everyone viewing these updates how my chain is holding up. May you are right
keep track of it its easy to do. the weather makes a difference too on chain like winter I dont get as many miles even though I do the same chain maintenance as summer though I may lube after a couple rain rides instead of once a week.

Back