3rd Party Fenders for R1U 500?

knharper

Region
USA
I ordered Cascadia Fenders for my R1U 500 via a link on their support page, so they supposedly fit. However, the attachment points are not there, despite the phrase "500 has standard attachment points" for fenders and racks. I found holes near the back axle but none on the front. When I pointed out this problem to R1U they said it was probably a mistake on the support page. So now I have fenders that do not fit unless I can figure out a way to attach them. Anyone else using 3rd Party fenders? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I have replaced my front fender on my 700 because it rattled too much. I have these that are attached with zip ties. They offer plenty of protection and are quite robust.

I sent mine back, and meanwhile, I have discovered I don't really need fenders. What I DO need, however, is a rack, and I had to send the rack back too because of lack of standard, common holes in the 500's frame. I have enjoyed the bike, but would prefer the rack and fenders, and I do wish the lack of adaptability had been pointed out in reviews somewhere. I highly recommend ordering this bike with the fenders and rack to avoid issues with 3rd party installations. I will likely have to take it to LBS to install as they will know how to work with adapters, etc. at least that is my hope. Meanwhile, I am also having trouble getting the bike on my Saris freedom rack....

Back