unlocking bolt and bolt pro speed limit

ryukenden73

i have both bolt and bolt pro in my stable of electric bikes

the updated ride jetson app - has limited the bolt to 15 mph.
to unlock the jetson bolt -- you need to have an android device and download and install the 6.2.7 version of the ride jetson app ( i found it at APK.PURE ) -- don't worry, the website is safe. you can unlock the bolt back to its 19mph speed limit.

i was also able to unlock the speed for the jetson bolt pro.

here's the tricky part

you need to open the jetson bolt, the 7 screws are covered with rubber plugs, once you get the cover off, find the bluetooth module -- it's connected to a 4 wire combo ( power, ground, TX and RX ) and is wrapped in heat shrink tubing, it's about the size of a stick of gum

fortunately -- the bolt and bolt pro use the same controller -- open the bolt pro, find the 4 wire combo, ( red, black, brown and white ) connect it into the bolt pro contoller, run the ride jetson app, connect via bluetooth -- then change the speed settings to 19mph

both bikes are now 19mph.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for posting this. Just a quick question... are the corresponding wire colors are in the same order has you specified ?

I mean ( power, ground, TX and RX ) and RED BLACK BROWN and WHITE are in fact Power=RED, Ground=BLACK, TX=BROWN and RX=White ?

Sorry for asking, I tried to find the pinout myself but I can't find a reliable ressource.

Thanks for letting me know !

Hi, thanks for posting this. Just a quick question... are the corresponding wire colors are in the same order has you specified ?

I mean ( power, ground, TX and RX ) and RED BLACK BROWN and WHITE are in fact Power=RED, Ground=BLACK, TX=BROWN and RX=White ?

Sorry for asking, I tried to find the pinout myself but I can't find a reliable ressource.

Thanks for letting me know !
Yes. I bought a 4 pin bt module from Amazon but haven't really gotten to install and test it.

Back