Hill Topper for my commute to work

I have a 5.5 miles commute to work and the same distance back home. I was wondering if the kit with the 2lb lithium ion battery would do the job?

If you're pedaling hard and need assistance only to overcome hilly areas then yes but if you want to use throttle more, probably not.
Having a motor of any size smoothens the ride and could make all the difference.

I have a 5.5 miles commute to work and the same distance back home. I was wondering if the kit with the 2lb lithium ion battery would do the job?
Ravi is right on (as usual)... the Hill Topper is great with smaller battery packs because it's light weight but still offers power to get up hills or overcome some wind. I used mine to get up to speed then maintain a proper cadence. It also helps at stop signs, lights and other moments where otherwise lots of energy is required to start. Since it's so light and freewheels it does not add much inconvenience to simply pedaling the bike and I love how affordable and simple it is. Really it just depends on whether you are planning to pedal along or want more of a scooter.

My wife and I bike huge hills with the hilltopper system. We love it...
Just yesterday I topped one of the worst hills in the area beside a road biker (buff and standing on the pedals!) and he was amazed that this old guy was keeping up with him!

Back