Gepida Fastida

Serialnerd

Wonderful bike highly recommended!

IMG_20200502_160313.jpg

Congrats, did you buy from Lenny's? I noticed they have been discounting them pretty heavily.

Congrats, did you buy from Lenny's? I noticed they have been discounting them pretty heavily.

No, I got a great price from a local dealer and now have support from them if I need anything or upgrades.

Wonderful bike highly recommended!

Excellent!

If you add these 2 or 3 things, your enjoyment of the bike will be significantly higher.
  1. A flat MTB pedal with sealed bearings: https://www.amazon.com/OneUp-Compon.../dp/B074Q41G3Y/ref=psdc_3404891_t2_B018J1J7QE

2. A kinect seatpost for your weight and seatpost size: https://www.amazon.com/Cirrus-Cycles-Aluminum-Seatpost-Suspension/dp/B077VDPW4V?th=1&psc=1

This seatpost will make your ride exponentially better.
    I may have an extra with me that I bought last year, happy to send you one if you need it.

FWIW, the kinekt is 25% off here with coupon. Also not a bad place to buy a saddle:

Reactions: TMH
Off-topic.

From the Gepida website, the history: "1993: Our story began in the middle of this year in Murányi street, district VII where György Berkes, aged 20, rented a store of 40 m2." By pure chance, I know the Murányi utca in Budapest very well.The District VII is the one with surviving Art Nouveau architecture (since Budapest has seen the most of development during that era).

1588488085025.png

The yellow building is located in the District VII of Budapest. The view is from the District V.

Excellent!

If you add these 2 or 3 things, your enjoyment of the bike will be significantly higher.
  1. A flat MTB pedal with sealed bearings: https://www.amazon.com/OneUp-Compon.../dp/B074Q41G3Y/ref=psdc_3404891_t2_B018J1J7QE

2. A kinect seatpost for your weight and seatpost size: https://www.amazon.com/Cirrus-Cycles-Aluminum-Seatpost-Suspension/dp/B077VDPW4V?th=1&psc=1

This seatpost will make your ride exponentially better.
    I may have an extra with me that I bought last year, happy to send you one if you need it.

Hi Ravi,

You basically read my mind, I'm looking to upgrade the seat and seatpost. I'll check out the pedals and send you an email on the post.

Bill H.

Off-topic.

From the Gepida website, the history: "1993: Our story began in the middle of this year in Murányi street, district VII where György Berkes, aged 20, rented a store of 40 m2." By pure chance, I know the Murányi utca in Budapest very well.The District VII is the one with surviving Art Nouveau architecture (since Budapest has seen the most of development during that era).

View attachment 51423
The yellow building is located in the District VII of Budapest. The view is from the District V.

Nice photo, Stefan, we've got something in common, I attended school two blocks from Murányi utca. Many fond memories of BP.

Also to make an attempt to stay on topic, the Kinekt is worth the money.

The Fastida looks a lot like my Gepida Alboin 1000 (2017). The upgrade on the seat post looks like a good idea. The stock SELLE ROYAL ARIEL GEL saddle is getting compressed. My Gepida has 3400 KM on it now, and aside from brakes and keeping the rear cassette tight, no problems at all. Not even one flat tire.

The Fastida looks a lot like my Gepida Alboin 1000 (2017). The upgrade on the seat post looks like a good idea. The stock SELLE ROYAL ARIEL GEL saddle is getting compressed. My Gepida has 3400 KM on it now, and aside from brakes and keeping the rear cassette tight, no problems at all. Not even one flat tire.
Yes, I believe that the Fastida is very similar to the Alboin, but the 2 most significant differences I recall is that the Fastida has a different Bosch motor (speed pedelec Class 3 28mph assist cut-off vs the Alboin's Class 1 20mph assist cut-off) and the Fastida came with Bosch's 500wH battery, but the Alboin came with the Bosch 400wH battery. There may be some component differences as well, but I never compared the 2 bikes that deeply.

Back