Gepida E bikes?

Does anybody know anything or have experience with Hungarian brand Gepida Ebikes ?
I just purchased the Gepida Fastida XT10 and so far it's a really nice bike. I've only been out on two rides to this point, but it's very stable and seems to be made with care. Happy to attempt to answer any specific questions.

My friend is the North American distributor. What would you like know, Steve?
Ravi I am thinking about buying a Reptila 1000. Firstly ,does it compare favorably to a similar Gazelle model such as Gazelle Arroyo c8 HMB? Of course I want to use the Bosch powerpack system which the Gazelle does not have.
Also I am ignorant about the Shimano Nexus hub and fear it's complexity. Any thoughts? If I delimit it will I find I run out of gears? This is the bike.

Last edited:
Ravi I am thinking about buying a Reptila 1000. Firstly ,does it compare favorably to a similar Gazelle model such as Gazelle Arroyo c8 HMB? Of course I want to use the Bosch powerpack system which the Gazelle does not have.
Also I am ignorant about the Shimano Nexus hub and fear it's complexity. Any thoughts? If I delimit it will I find I run out of gears? This is the bike.

1. First, he sold out of that particular model long ago.
  2. if you can find one in stock at a retailer, that is good.
  3. It's an excellent bike and Shimano IGH works just fine for relaxed cruising type riding but it is not designed for a delimited motor. So, I would not recommend modifying that motor. If you, you may want to switch to derailleur or some other hub.

1. First, he sold out of that particular model long ago.
  2. if you can find one in stock at a retailer, that is good.
  3. It's an excellent bike and Shimano IGH works just fine for relaxed cruising type riding but it is not designed for a delimited motor. So, I would not recommend modifying that motor. If you, you may want to switch to derailleur or some other hub.
Very well then thanks.

I think it is a fantastic bike for the money. Well built , may not be in the league of Moustache Tandem but still quality components that are more than adequate for cruising around.
Agreed. We got ours about 2 weeks ago. Not the bike's fault at all that we are still learning how to ride a tandem (neither of us had ever been on one before).

I'm thinking that it might be a good bike to chip, but haven't done it yet... In OEM form it really sips the power.

What do you think of the Gepida Thoris tandem Ravi? Fooferdoggie is interested.

I agree with Ravi, I was not even aware of the brand until a week ago. All the reviews and videos of various models, rate the brand very high. I hope to own my own soon.

EDIT: I purchased a Gepida Fastida.

Last edited:
Back