Anyone have any experience of buying an electric bike from Falcon??

GailB

Hey -
Wonder if you have any advice for me - I have bought a bike from Falcon electric bikes - pretty largely based on the fact that it made your top ten list and your review on you tube was pretty comprehensive and it seemed like a good deal. When the bike arrived a lot of things were not as I expected them to be and I wonder of anyone had experience of dealing with them or the reputation of this company?

Thanks

Hi GailB! I'm sorry to hear that your experience with the company was incongruent with my review. The Top 10 List gets updated ongoing as new bikes come out (and new feedback surfaces) so I would love to hear what your experience was! Many times I test bikes out at the manufacturers headquarters or in a shop where they are pre-assembled on a show floor. I have ordered some ebikes online and set them up myself but that was not the case with the Falcon 350.

Please share your experience and I'll try to help you out. Also, I can pass your feedback on to the company and possibly even get them to engage with you on the forum here.

Before I bought my Neo Jumper 650B, I had tried contacting this Falcon company in Canada and they just did not return my calls even after leaving 3 or 4 messages.
I am very suspicious about the credibility of this company because the name "Falcon" is just a facade and they source all their bikes directly from China and I am not sure what kind of warranty they are going to provide if they do not even have a proper location or phone ##

The Chinese manufacturers from where they source these bikes are:

and the bikes can also be found at:
  1. http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1220949312/Wholesale_2013_Newest_Best_Quality_Electric.html
  2. https://www.ebay.com
  3. https://www.hallomotor.com

Thanks for the background Ravi! I appreciate the input on this because sometimes I think bike manufacturers will violate intellectual property agreements and try to sell direct which undercuts brands in the US and Canada. In the case of the Falcon 350, I spoke with the company owner several times on the phone and got great support but was also aware that the bike was imported. The truth is, most ebikes (or the majority of their parts) are imported. There just aren't a lot of electronic components and hardware being produced in USA, Canada, Australia or Europe. It's mostly done in Asia.

I still think the core technology on the Falcon 350 is decent and I'd love to hear the issues GailB was having besides not getting great support. None of these companies pay me for reviews and I try to be as quantitative and fair as possible, still, I'm imperfect and many times my actual use of the bikes is limited.

Wanted to add some closure to this thread. I've been in touch with both GailB and the founder of Falcon several times over the past couple of weeks. It sounds like the Falcon 350 that was purchased by GailB did indeed have a couple of different parts than what were shown in the review. Falcon was halfway through a shipment and the original Mosso parts were temporarily out of stock. In order to ship efficiently, Falcon substituted handle bars and a seat from Giant without mentioning it to GailB. This inconsistency with the bike was later rectified by Falcon when it was raised by GailB and both parties are satisfied.

Falcon may have avoided this issue had they mentioned the replacement up front or offered to delay shipment giving GailB control. To their credit, they have worked hard to rectify the issue and even though it took some time and was a frustrating experience for GailB it has been resolved and the bike now works as advertised. For my part, I'm glad this forum and the review has helped to motivate ebike companies to follow through on their claims and I have been told that the price of the Falcon 350 has been lowered recently and that it exactly reflects the bike I reviewed. I hope future customers have a better experience :)

I just bought the falcon 1000 electric mt bike,great ride so far,ordered it on 7/2 and got it 7/22,longer than 10 days,the only difference was the seat.I'm still waiting on a response about the computer ,igot no manual

I bought the 1000W,so far my battery won't fully charge ,getting response to my emails take awhile ,there was some rattling issues ,i fixed it with a piece of sponge
On the taillight and a rubber piece on the battery Fast bike ,61mph,on the bike computer ,I'm 5'8 180lbs.

Back