3 month newbie here. Converted a Wildwood Diamondback Hybrid with a 1000W 48V 20AH front hub basic Violamart kit off Ebay.

Rice Bike

Region
USA
Includes a 750W limiter wire when connected results in a casual steady speed using the PAS. Without it @1000W, it's dangerously fast, but handy. I put a switch on the limiter wire so I can toggle between the 2 choices. Because I was a newbie just buying into the e-world, I did not know of how limiting it would be with only 2 choices. Yes, I could upgrade to a SW900 LCD system but I'm gonna stick with what I was led to buy and enjoy the 2 choices I have! Hey, it's an e-bike for a fraction of the cost and biking will never be the same!

Last edited:
Hey, enjoy! One's own builds are always fun. That said what many of us have are, strictly speaking, Bicycle Shaped Objects. BSOs are by my definition EVs, true eBikes are far more sophisticated. My builds fall in the middle somewhere. They could be ridden as an eBike, but typically are used as an EV by the throttle.

Can we see a photo? Of each side of the front fork? There are potential safety pitfalls that maybe some builders on EBR can discuss. I love BSO.

Front torque arms config. Took my time to ensure it was a solid fit and very tight. Seems stable.

Attachments

• 20230318_154741_HDR_resized.jpg
    20230318_154741_HDR_resized.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 20230318_154719_HDR_resized.jpg
    20230318_154719_HDR_resized.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 117
Thanks for the photos. I will let others take the lead. I ask because we have seen bent forks with front hub motors with similar torque. So, it has a front rim brake?

Yepper... I know most will disapprove but I'm not trying to work it hard. Mainly a daily commute to work and occasional weekend pleasure ride on a beautiful day.

Back