Shipping an ELF

Moslee

Hi,

I'm very interested in buying an ELF and riding it from Seattle to Los Angeles. After the ride I'd like to ship it back and take AMTRAK home. Does the ELF knock down or can it be partially disassembled for easier shipping via AMTRAK or some other method?

Given new ELFs are shipped fully assembled (from what I've read on their web site), is there special packaging used and who is usually the carrier? I'd hate to have to replicate that workflow.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi,

I'm very interested in buying an ELF and riding it from Seattle to Los Angeles. After the ride I'd like to ship it back and take AMTRAK home. Does the ELF knock down or can it be partially disassembled for easier shipping via AMTRAK or some other method?

Given new ELFs are shipped fully assembled (from what I've read on their web site), is there special packaging used and who is usually the carrier? I'd hate to have to replicate that workflow.

Thanks,
Dave
No special packaging used. It has to be rolled into a trailer and tied down. There are several competitive shipping services, some are used by OT for delivering new vehicles. No practical way to break it down but they have stacked more into a container for shipping overseas by standing them up on their front wheels. Go online for shippers.

Back