TDCM torque sensor vs NCTE torque/cadenc sensor

C Smith

My Porteur S model TDCM bottom bracket had to be replaced due to play and slippage. It was replaced with the NCTE bottom bracket. What was a very easy effort to ride up hills has now become a more strenuous effort to ride same hills and route. The NCTE sensor is a combination torque/cadence and (should) be perfect. I find that I need to be in a higher gear and than really crank to climb hills with any assist from the motor. I could go on about the differences but what I am wondering is has anyone had the same type of problem. My concern is that I bought the bike because it was so simple, rides great and with just the ECO mode I could climb hills with ease. Now it is a totally different experience.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues after making the switch. Have you tried contacting Faraday to see if they have any insight or tips?

Anyone riding a newer Porteur/Cortland S model with the new NCTE bottom bracket sensor having a problem with the assist on hills lacking power and having to ride harder to climb?
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues after making the switch. Have you tried contacting Faraday to see if they have any insight or tips?
I have and am currently in contact. If I go back to the original BB sensor I loose the warranty. I want to make sure there are no other alternatives before I agree to another replacement.

Back