2022 models battery range

BeltzerNYC

Region
USA
Looking to join the Rize family and wondering what your ranges have been on the new models (in the ones that can take dual batteries)

Really hoping to get 100 miles out of the 30ah set up at 15mph average speed.

If you can kindly list your range, weight and average speed and/or PAS levels I'd appreciate it!

Looking to join the Rize family and wondering what your ranges have been on the new models (in the ones that can take dual batteries)

Really hoping to get 100 miles out of the 30ah set up at 15mph average speed.

If you can kindly list your range, weight and average speed and/or PAS levels I'd appreciate it!
I can't answer this question directly, but I can share some observations that may be relevant. First, after reading countless inquiries here over the last few years, I can share that battery range is generally a MUCH bigger deal to those that are new buyers. Afterwards maybe not so much. There's even a term for it - "range anxiety". :) Clearly there are some riders that ride long distances and actually need the range. I think though, there are many more that don't.

I would also note that weight has a large effect on battery mileage in the hills. My wife, who weighs literally half what I weigh, gets range I can only dream of. This while riding side by side over the same course, charge after charge after charge. Point being weight is a BIG deal. Maybe not so much on the flat and level, but there's little doubt it's a big deal when there are hills involved. Plan on it....

I have a '21 RX Pro, which started out life as a fatty, and in that configuration would get a hair over 30 miles on a charge riding in the hills around here. Loved the bike, but didn't care for the tires. The bike felt big, and handled big, and I felt rolling resistance was high as my other bikes were all city bikes.

I did 2 big mods on the bike (without testing them independently unfortunatey) so I'm not sure which changed it more. First was the change to the Fey "Smooth" tune on the Ultra's controller. This literally transformed the programming, most notably the torque sensing went from barely noticeable to something that will be hard to beat. The other thing I did was to change from the 26"x 3.5-4.0 tires (3 separate sets) to Schwalbe Super Moto-X 27.5"x2.80" tires. These are sold as having very low rolling resistance and very good flat resistance - in other words a pretty darn good tire for my mostly "on road" with a little off road thrown in. New mileage with these 2 mods? Still playing here in the hills, I can get 40 miles reliably. If I'm careful I've done 43-44 miles (my current record).

This is on a single 19.5ah battery that came stock on the '21 models. I ride in PAS1 (of 5) on the level and use PAS 2&3 for hills. Speeds (when under power, not downhill) are 10-14mph or so. -Al

Last edited:
Okay, lets suppose you get this bike.

The stock battery is 48V 15Ah, and you have an option to go 48V 15Ah additional battery on top of frame, which isn't THAT impressive by today's standard.
(Though, 48V 30Ah total is pretty good)

You can just get a 48V 15Ah version, and add Reention Dorado DP9 battery (48V 24.5ah), which can be purchased from Jenny.
Now you have 48V 39.5Ah total.

Jenny has a really good review on EBR.

If you're not happy with 48V 39.5Ah, you can add rear rack battery (additional 48V 31.5Ah) to make it 48V 71Ah
The rear rack battery looks something like this, I'd suggest you asking Jenny first though.
This case holds 117 cells, so if you ask Jenny to assemble it with Samsung 35E, it will be 31.5Ah.

If you're going with 3 battery set up, you will need a triple battery converter.

Triple Battery Converter

If you're going with 2 battery set up, you will need a dual battery converter.

Eunorau Dual Battery Conveter

WattWagons Dual Battery Conveter

Bolton Dual Battery Parallel Connector
is the DP9 plug and play with the Rize? it's already set up for Dual Battery. if I can get a 24.5ah for the second that beats out the Bitrix Duo max ah so would make that decision easier.

How much is the battery from Jenny? the 15ah second battery is $499 from Rize so if it's under $800 it's a good deal.

I am not sure if it's going to be plug and play.
I don't know what connector Rize use to connect the second battery. There are multiple way to configurate the second battery, I don't know how Rize does it.

This one for example, has XT60 connector.
You would just have to ask Jenny for the right connector and perhaps the wire length.
But if you don't know what kind of connector you need, or cable length, there is not much Jenny can help you either.
Reention Polly 36V 48V Electric Bike E Bike Li Ion Battery - China Li Ion  Battery, E Bike Battery | Made-in-China.com
cool this should fit same rail right?

Definitely looking for the longest range possible. I can definitely make trips to use every mile.
I have the Spark (previous Rize name) City bike that came with approx 17Ah battery. I just bought a spare battery and leave it at home unless I want to go further than the one battery will go. I had thought to go on long camping trips but hysterical lockdowns and the 1940 era stuff got out of control.

When I built my first bike, I had big plans for all day rides encompassing a big loop and many miles. So, not knowing any better (yet) I went for a big expensive battery. Note that batteries like that are HEAVY. So we start riding, I get all the bugs worked out and learn how to program the controller while learning how to ride an e-bike effeciently.

It wasn't long before I learned 2 lessons. First, my butt was all done at 20 miles, even when I stop and rest every few miles. When I get to 20 miles, I'm wishing I was home.
2nd, this big battery I purchased and installed was capable of 50 miles easily. That's 2.5 times my butt's range. Did I mention batteries this size are heavy? I was now left lugging the weight of this battery around EVERY time I rode this nearly 80lb bike. FWIW...

let's be clear folks, I use my full 17.5 mile battery on my Ride1up 500 almost everyday. I run a rear passenger part of the day and am between various parts of the City but am usually limited to getting to one or two places because of range. I have two other 10ah batteries but I don't want to lug them around anymore and they have degraded. ( no I am not trying to get the 25ah from Jenny as I don't think my bike drains battery well, my 17.5 ah can't get more than 40 miles on PAS 2)

a dual battery will also allow me to run at max assist for much longer for when I am late or going somewhere far and want a higher pace.

I've ridden a century before so not worried about saddle time and I am really good at paying attention to range so I almost always die .5miles or less from my house.

here's a trip I'd like to make with a rear passenger. if I can up the PAS I can make it an 1.5 hours which beats the train. I want to be guaranteed to make the trip and still have the ability to turn down PAS and make side trips on the way back let's say. sometimes something comes up or we get an idea and want to be able to go a few miles off course and not have to worry. ideal would be a NYC-PHL trip (110 miles) on one charge solo but let's see.
Screenshot_20220112-121354_Maps.jpg

Hope you didnt go with rize bikes. They do not add dual batteries to their bikes, so you better get one if you end up buying their crappy bikes.

Hope you didnt go with rize bikes. They do not add dual batteries to their bikes, so you better get one if you end up buying their crappy bikes.
Seems odd you're the only one complaining. Maybe someday you'll get tired of complaining and BS'ing and realize you need competent help to get yours running. Stomping your feet and throwing a fit isn't going to cut it here....

My 3 years old 9000 km "Spark Bike" (former name) has been pretty flawless. The rear light wire had to be fixed. I still get about 1km for every 2 point battery % drop and that's riding fast with throttle to get going quickly from every stop in city riding.
Soon I'm replacing the brakes which got bashed and leak from the levers.

They have that option for an extra amount, right?
Yes, I went with the 2 rize rx 2022 with 4 batteries total(for work). After months and months of problems with the cheap bike parts(mainly derailleur) problems. The bikes stopped turning on. Another 4 months of trying everything to get one bike working in failure. I have replaced LCD< Cables, Controller, tried different batteries ETc. I'm just warning you not invest in Rize bikes like I did.

Yes, I went with the 2 rize rx 2022 with 4 batteries total(for work). After months and months of problems with the cheap bike parts(mainly derailleur) problems. The bikes stopped turning on. Another 4 months of trying everything to get one bike working in failure. I have replaced LCD< Cables, Controller, tried different batteries ETc. I'm just warning you not invest in Rize bikes like I did.
Changed my mind. Not wasting any more time here.

wow. did you get the other bike working?

Sadly nothing works, but calibration of motor with bafang BESST tool. I may need a whole new motor due to rize bike's stupidity and cheapness.

Last edited:
Back