2015 Haibike Xduro Urban Kickstand and Handlebar riser

byunbee

Hi,

I just picked up a 2015 Haibike Xduro Urban. The bike didn't come with a kickstand and I wanted to know what kickstand would work with this bike.

Also I'm not sure whether this bike's handlebar can be raised or it requires a separate riser. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chain stays are rectangular, most kickstands I see have oval shape clamps.

1586747770847.png

Are these holes for the kickstand? Not sure what it's for.
1586747889829.png

What tool do I need to remove the cap?
1586747931124.png

Last edited:
Thanks. I can't seem to find anywhere for a kickstand that would fit. Bit frustrating. There has to be someone with a 2015 Haibike Xduro Urban that installed a kickstand....

Congrats, nice bike. Regarding the kickstand, I think you had no other choice. Some of the later Urban models came with a Pletscher ARA or a Pletscher Comp. But those require a plate welded to the frame with 2 holes. You don't have that.

I don't know if you bought this 1st hand or 2nd hand, but I remember that the carbon forks of some of these models were affected by a recall.
Hopefully none of the affected bikes are still in circulation, but I nevertheless attached the FAQ.

Extract:

3. How can I find out whether my bike is affected and needs to be turned in?

Affected bikes can be identified by the imprinted drawing number on the frame. Please remove the battery to find these numbers. Under the battery and imprinted in the frame, the affected bikes exhibit the five letters ‘HAERA’ followed by three numbers and possibly more characters.. If you find those five letters on this exact spot, your bike is a recall model
Thank you for the heads up and detailed document. I will check later to see if this bike is affected. I did try going to the recall site, but I don't think it's up anymore.

Congrats, nice bike. Regarding the kickstand, I think you had no other choice. Some of the later Urban models came with a Pletscher ARA or a Pletscher Comp. But those require a plate welded to the frame with 2 holes. You don't have that.
It would be nice to hear from someone with the same bike that successfully mounted a kickstand to find out which one to buy.

I have a similar kick stand on my Turbo Levo. It will quickly wear out the tension of the rivet due to the weight of the e-bike. You will know when it is wearing out, it will start making noise on bumps and the bike will lean more when supported by the kick stand.

I removed the rivet and replaced it with a bolt and lock nut. You can now adjust the tension on the kick stand.

Just checked, contrary to what I said there's definitely a screwed plate on my Trekking.

It's hidden behind the frame.

Fastening holes seen from outside:

View attachment 49783

From "inside the frame" you can clearly see the plate:

View attachment 49784

I think it might be a plate something like this:

In the detail they give this:

View attachment 49785

You need to check your frame to see if you have those 32,5 mm holes on your frame (circled in red in my pictures). The 18mm ones are for the kickstand. From the pictures you took it's a bit difficult to tell. If you take off the wheel they should be visible.
Thank you so much for providing this info. It's very useful. Unfortunately, the cost of the plate+shipping is ~$56, which I'm sure cost about $0.50 to manufacture., and that's not including the cost of the kickstand. I'll need to check around my local shops to see if they carry it. If you know somewhere I can purchase this at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Scratch the bikeinn.com. They are a scam site from what I can tell. I had to dispute my charges with my cc company. I reached out to Haibike directly and they invoiced me for the plate and the kickstand.

$30 for the plate!! It better be made out of titanium for that price.:rolleyes:
Kick stand was $24.99.
$10 shipping
+tax = Too expensive for a kickstand.

Well it is Haibike, so your part is probably the house brand and has its own name:

ThePlate ++

The good news is that after 3 months I finally got my kickstand delivered from Haibike. They sent me a Pletscher ESGE Comp 18 Zoom kickstand. I have to say, this thing feels like Fort Knox. 😲 Rock solid construction and material (die cast aluminum) at extremely sturdy plastic. I am extremely impressed and glad the new UCP Pro will come with a Pletscher kickstand. 🙂

The bad news is that I overtightened one of the bolts and the bolt head broke off on the right hole.😩 I tried everything I could to get it out but it feels bonded to the metal plate. I either have to buy a left handed drill bit and a screw extractor, buy a new kickstand plate (and wait another 3 months), or just live with it.

I was able to tighten it with just one bolt and it feel tight and stable. When I ride over bumps or rough roads, the rear rack rattles, but the kickstand makes zero noise and feels like it's part of the frame.

I am 200% fan of Pletscher now and highly recommend this brand if you're looking to add or replace a kickstand to your bike. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

It's too bad any German or European made parts are so hard to come by in the U.S. these days. Some EU stores will ship to the U.S. but it usually is weeks of wait and the price of shipping is often more than the part. :confused:

Below are some pictures.
IMG_0327.jpg
IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg

Last edited:
Back