17.4ah battery dropping power over bumps

nocluedude

I have a 2016 Crosscurrent that came with a 7.8ah battery. Despite that battery being small, it has always worked perfectly (and continues to do so). However, I did want a bigger battery for more range.

Earlier this year I bought a 17.4ah battery. It worked great for about a month and then just stopped. Every time you'd push the power button it would make a clicking sound and not provide power.

Juiced sent me a second battery that didn't fit. It was too loose and wouldn't lock securely.

The third battery came with new mounting brackets which provided a snug fit. It worked great for about a month until it suddenly started dropping power every single time I rode over the smallest of bumps. The lights on the battery and the bike stay solid, but the motor stops for 1-2 seconds after riding over a bump then kicks back on. This problem never occurs with my 7.8ah battery.

As per usual, I submitted a support ticket a couple of weeks ago and heard nothing. I wrote them again after a week and they just asked me to just repeat what I had written them the first time before they went silent again.

I have a feeling that this battery is just too big for this bike. Maybe the weight of it and how it hangs off the side are too much stress on the connection? Has anyone else with the original Crosscurrent gotten one of these extra large batteries? Have they worked out for you?

Last edited:
I have an original Cross Current with the 17.4aH battery. Like you I didn’t have any issues with the 7.8 or 10.4ah batteries. I had to shim my 17.4ah battery using pieces of Velcro as the fit was a bit loose when I first installed it. It works pretty good but it has started to cut out over bigger bumps for 2 seconds. I will probably try replacing the Velcro with new since I didn’t have any cutout issues when I first installed the battery.

Back