Rose Ave

erronious

I just received my Lithium Cycles Scout Rose Ave...

It's been pretty cold here, but I've done a couple runs around the neighborhood over the past couple days. It's fun and living up to my expectations. This is my second electric bike, my first is a Japanese family bike (Bridgestone Bikke), which my wife and I got when we had our second child. We love it and used it like the family stationwagon, but the kids are now on their own bikes more and more.

Anyways, back to Rose. Top speed on flat ground is a little above 20mph without pedaling, though at that speed with a single gear bike, pedaling looks pretty silly. I live in Pittsburgh, and there are lots of hills here, but it climbs the big hill near my house without any issue. I haven't ridden it through a complete battery cycle yet, so I'm not sure what the range is, I'll update once I've got some more time on it. It's heavy, and I think it rides more like an electric scooter or motorbike, so maybe it's more useful compare it to those.

It came nicely packed. I ended up swinging by my LBS to give it a final checkup before riding it, mine needed significant adjustment to the front bearings and disc brakes. Other than that, everything went smoothly.

IMG_0967.jpeg

Odd that with all that open space in the frame, they decided to place the battery pack in the "Nutcracker" position! I guess to make it look like a gas tank? Sorry, but not a fan of making "legal" ebikes, that look like gas engine driven mopeds or minibikes. I feel it's not a great thing for public acceptance of electric assist bicycles in general.

Odd that with all that open space in the frame, they decided to place the battery pack in the "Nutcracker" position! I guess to make it look like a gas tank? Sorry, but not a fan of making "legal" ebikes, that look like gas engine driven mopeds or minibikes. I feel it's not a great thing for public acceptance of electric assist bicycles in general.

It is a powered bike, so I don't have a problem with it. I think the biggest thing that either creates or destroys public acceptance is the person riding the bike.

Back