Recent content by stompandgo

  1. stompandgo

    Happy perihelion!

    Same deal here.
  2. stompandgo

    2x MTB crankset compatible with press fit GXP-A1 PFGXP ROAD 86.5/WA91.5

    Change the front ring to a 38, replace the rear derailleur with an SX Eagle and either a 10-50 or 11-50 cassette, and work on your leg strength. If you need MTB gearing on a gravel bike, you should get an MTB.
  3. stompandgo

    Hello there

    Welcome. For shoes, you're going to want two bolt mountain/gravel shoes. Shimano, Lake, Specialized, pretty much all of the major brands have entry level shoes. Back in the day when I was racing road, and spending most of my money on travel and go-fast equipment, I bought my shoes used. Some we...
  4. stompandgo

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    But that is exactly what Strava was designed as, a social media app. I don't use it that way, and you may not either, but that was the design priority.
  5. stompandgo

    Specialized Turbo Vado SL: An Incredible E-Bike (User Club)

    That is a great looking conversion, Jeremy. Nice component choice, fair labor charge from the shop. I did a similar thing with the taillight wire on the Allroad, clipped it at a point where it could be reattached, covered the cut end with adhesive heat shrink tubing, and unplugged it from the...
  6. stompandgo

    Show Us a Tool

    For small stuff, I use my pole saw. A recip saw would shake my hands to atrophy.
  7. stompandgo

    SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

    I don't understand Italians. Nice people, mostly, but there's a little bit of Vito in all of them. No offense, Italians, just my warped life experiences.
  8. stompandgo

    Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

    I hope they get your beaches sorted out. Dredging is a temporary solution. Artificial reefs can help, but the surfers will go ballistic. After the October storm three years ago, one of our south facing beaches had three feet of sand loss. They dredged it back over the winter. That reminds me...
  9. stompandgo

    Kick stand foot

    Does the kickstand have a two-bolt frame mount? If so, Trek/Bontrager make an adjustable kickstand that has a wide foot.
  10. stompandgo

    Internet provider whoes....

    Sadly, that's what Everest has become.
  11. stompandgo

    Internet provider whoes....

    Check with your cellphone provider and see if they offer cellular internet via a gateway. I pay $30/month as a T-Mobile customer. Speeds vary with load, but I get between 200-400mbs, better in the winter when the visitors are gone.
  12. stompandgo

    Hello from AZ

    Shimano calls them "brake pad presser springs".
  13. stompandgo

    SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

    The latter. The X stays are also proprietary, designed to dampen the ride, yet remain stiff laterally. The Dogma F is the World Tour bike. The X is the UCI-approved "endurance bike". It's really not an endurance bike. It rides like a race bike, just more comfortably. I rode it in Italy on all...
Back