Recent content by Stefan Mikes

  1. Stefan Mikes

    Fun with AI

    make retro comic 😃😃😃
  2. Stefan Mikes

    Just for fun...

    Someone posted an impressive photo of an airliner flying low, with the City of Warsaw in the background. In fact, the jet was flying far away from the city centre but Warsaw Chopin Airport is indeed within the city limits. This is a foreshortening achieved with a long telephoto lens. The viral...
  3. Stefan Mikes

    Just for fun...

    Don't be an eeyore :)
  4. Stefan Mikes

    Charger 5 drink bottle mount with front cargo rack. Carrying second 800 wh battery options

    Hello Kevin, Let me share some experience as I use to carry a way shorter battery than yours (382 mm) but also own several Ortlieb products. Your 800 Wh battery is terribly long. I used a steel tape measure to find a pannier to meet your needs. There is Ortlieb Vario 26L pannier-backpack with...
  5. Stefan Mikes

    The transition

    2025.
  6. Stefan Mikes

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Great Lakes Gravel 2026 photos by Mateusz Klimek :) You may also skip to 35:14 where I can be seen past the flying finish line and welcoming several finishers :) My brother is waving the chequered flag.
  7. Stefan Mikes

    Fun with AI

    The girls are not attracted to a granpa ;) Good one beautiful woman out there in London still wants me!
  8. Stefan Mikes

    Fun with AI

    No jokes! 😃 Only the other two riders seem to ride across the road in the two panels?
  9. Stefan Mikes

    Throttles and California

    I also watch Evan Edinger programmes :) An American who settled in London over a decade ago. His views are reassuringly fresh! It is a screenshot from the latest series of "The Gentlemen" by Guy Ritchie on Netflix. You can see a gang of robbers riding Sur Rons in London here. (How the times...
  10. Stefan Mikes

    SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

    Jeremy, when I look at such kind of bikes, I always console myself thinking: "I would be laughed at if I ever mounted such a bike and rode a popular cycling trail" :) Two memories: I once demo rode a Creo SL (the road version). My average speed was 23.3 km/h (14.48 mph). Any road cyclist was...
  11. Stefan Mikes

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Andrew, I use as many as four Range Extenders on my long Vado SL 1 rides. The main battery is equivalent to two REs, so I would say the main battery range on the 50/100% assistance could be around 52-60 km. However, it is not that simple as it sounds. First of all, the Specialized system allows...
  12. Stefan Mikes

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    The SI unit of mass is kilogram :)
  13. Stefan Mikes

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Cyclocross assumes hike-a-bike :)
  14. Stefan Mikes

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    He could say 198 lbs :)
  15. Stefan Mikes

    Trek Checkpoint Plus Power Settings

    If TQ follows the concept similar to some other e-bike mid-drive motor manufacturers, the Assist is your leg power * Assist. So 150 W leg power at 75% would produce 150 * 0.75 = 112.5 W motor power, the total power 150 + 112.5 = 262.5 W, which is a lot. Can you set something like 50% for the...
Back