Recent content by RabH

  1. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    I managed to squeeze another analog ride in and got October off to a good start, yet another blustery day of course and silly me decided to take on a load of climbs on the way back into a 20-25mph headwind... 😂 I will probably pay for it tomorrow, I made my way NE with a lovely tailwind to...
  2. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Thank you but having just shelled out on a new bike its not something I would really consider! I might revisit it if my motor from my old bike is unrepairable though...as a last resort!
  3. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    I emailed Dolan about my bike and this was the reply! "We are looking at the end of this week/start of next week at the latest to get your bike dispatched." I'm getting excited and really hope it arrives before the weekend as I would love to take it to the final motorcycle race meeting of the...
  4. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Possibly my last analog ride for a while, dependent on my new bike arriving this week...no updates as yet though but Friday will be 20 working days since I placed my order and they say they usually deliver within the 20 days so here's hoping I get some good news shortly! No news about my motor...
  5. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Another nice ride on the Giant Hybrid, I'm really getting used to the bike now and enjoying it a lot more! In fact I think by the time I get another e bike I will be fit enough to challenge Pogacar... 🤣 Maybe if I get a day with light winds and no rain I might take on a 100 miler but not in my...
  6. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    What a place to ride a bike, your photos are spectacular! 👌
  7. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Its smooth on the outside, I'm pretty sure its part of a bearing!
  8. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    I successfully removed the old motor today and sent it to the Ebike Motor Centre, now its a nervous wait to see if the PCB is intact and can be fitted to another motor! I really don't think the old motor will be repairable, this chunk of metal dropped to the floor when I was removing the motor...
  9. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    There may be some light at the end of the tunnel regarding my Yamaha motor, I received an email from the motor centre earlier! "If your circuit board is okay, in theory we could just put that in a good Yamaha PWX motor, that might be an option." This sure got me excited but its all dependent on...
  10. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Me too Dave, me too...time will tell if its a goer or not!
  11. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    After my last ride on my Giant Hybrid I had to change the bar grips from the very painful ergo grips that have been on the bike for 17 years, they really hurt my hands badly! So I bought some round grips, ironically called Ergon GE1's...
  12. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Back on my trusty 17 year old Giant CRS 1.0 Hybrid while I wait for my new e bike, my legs coped well but my hands were aching due to the flat bars and completely different grips from my Giant e bike! I thought about a 50 miler but I was hurting...it was my first ride on the Hybrid for well over...
  13. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Yes its getting mudguards and a rack, no need for lights though as I don't ride in the dark and have rechargeable lights to be seen that work very well! Yes I look forward to riding it and letting you all know how it performs, 8.5 years since my last new bike so it will be good to start anew...
  14. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    Thanks Jeremy, the bike is full carbon so I don't think I will need to go down the 3 battery route this time! I opted for a range extender at the moment so will have 750wh at my disposal which should easily cover my 100 milers, I will probably go for a second battery next summer for my 150 mile...
  15. RabH

    2026 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

    The pandemic was worldwide though...
Back