Recent content by olbriar

  1. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I experienced a glitch the other night. I was just a few miles from home when I lost all assist. It wasn't a power problem, the display was still lit up. It wasn't a sensor problem, the throttle was unresponsive. I checked the power connection from the controller to the motor and it was...
  2. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    Not riding.. I hate the sounds of that. I spent the time to walk the four miles of state highway siding to clean off all of the debris. I'm back to riding my old 9 mile loop over and over. I also ventured the other direction from town into the city. It's a great ride along the river but to...
  3. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I ran into a guy while out riding. He was on a Lectric foldable e-bike. He lives along the state highway that I use to ride and we have exchanged a wave a few times. He said he hadn't seen me on the highway and hoped I was okay. I explained about the flats ruining my ride. He marveled on...
  4. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    On the brighter side, though it's been brutally hot, I'm still riding.
  5. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I went on a flat spree. I ended up having seven flats in eleven days. I edited my normal ride to eliminate almost all of the use of the concrete siding of the state highway. It makes for a great no stop return to my daily loop. However, that is where I'm getting all of the flats. I am still...
  6. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I went riding again after dinner. I was on my way home after putting another 30+ miles on the FlatOut patch when I had another flat 0r the patch failed. I could feel air escaping the tire in multiple places. The tire has seen many flats. It's impossible to see where the tube is leaking. If I...
  7. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    As MY luck would have it, less than 50 miles on the new tube and FlatOut and I picked up a self tapping screw. I unscrewed it and added around 20 pounds of pressure and then rode a mile and checked where I was at. I was down two pounds so I replenished the lost pressure and rode another mile...
  8. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I rolled over 29K this afternoon... 29,027 to be exact. I'll likely ride again after dinner when it cools down a bit. Feels like 105° is not terrible but certainly not a lot of fun. I ordered and received two new tubes and some FlatOut today. I've not tried the product but I'm in the mood...
  9. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I'm still putting miles on my RCS. When I parked the bike in the shed tonight the odometer read 28,064. I replaced my pedals last week. I think it's amazing that they both still freely rotate. I have pedaled so much that I have worn the bumps off of the surface and they are getting slick...
  10. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I topped 26,000 miles today. The last two K were on the new motor. I will say that the bike is running good and I'm getting a bit more mileage out of my batteries. It might be the stock tire that came with the rear assembly vs the heavier HEB Allscape tire that was on the original wheel...
  11. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I received the two pin female to female patch cords today. They were about 3" long. With the two pin male out from the Zoom brakes and the two pin male connection going to the controller, I ordered them. A simple female to female connector would be ideal. I'll look harder for such. Making...
  12. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    It's less than half the travel before the pads touch the rotor. The original brakes were much quicker to engage. The problem with that was the pads sat so close to the rotor that the slightest wobble in the wheel would cause it to tick on one side or the other. I would fight adjusting the...
  13. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    So far I have not tested to zoom cutoffs. The original brakes have a two pin female connector going to the male connector from the controller. The zoom brakes have a two pin male connector leaving the brake. I would shop longer to find a brake with a two pin female leaving the brake if I were...
  14. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I want to confess to making a mistake on ordering the brakes for my RCS. I didn't bother to undo the bundling coils to trace the brake cutoff to a connection to check the pin set. Instead, I simply pulled the wire and thought I had the right one, and it wasn't. Whatever brand of brakes are on...
  15. olbriar

    Anyone else still putting miles on their RipCurrent S?

    I've replaced the pads a number of times and rotors but this time one of the pistons blew a seal. Being as I was itching to upgrade and the brakes are low end and have 25K on them and due new pads and front rotor... it's a great time to replace them. I appreciate the info. I ride a pretty...
Back