Recent content by fexixav

  1. F

    Home security camera.

    For a cottage, I’d go with 8MP/4K PoE cameras rather than paying extra just for 12MP. 4K is already more than enough for most home security needs. I’d focus more on night vision, low-light image quality, motion detection, viewing angle, and reliable PoE connections. Also, check the NVR storage...
  2. F

    Is Vado Smoking Addictive?

    If Vados contain nicotine, then yes, regular smoking can be addictive. Two in the morning, afternoon, and night sounds like a pretty solid routine, so I’d say the bigger question is whether you can comfortably go without them for a while.
  3. F

    Entered My First Mountain Bike Race............with the Frey Beast

    That’s an excellent result, especially given your limited single-track experience and all the issues you had during the race. Finishing 14th overall out of 297 and 10th in the e-bike category is impressive. The sector results show you were riding at a strong pace too. Despite the crashes, missed...
  4. F

    looking for quality commute / light off-road / dirt bike

    For your terrain, I’d definitely look for a torque-sensing mid-drive. The natural power delivery should feel much better on steep, uneven forest service roads than a basic cadence sensor. With a $2,500 budget, I’d also prioritize a decent-sized battery, hydraulic brakes, good suspension, and...
  5. F

    New type Ebike lock...

    That disk brake lock seems like a good option for a trike, especially if you’re mostly trying to deter opportunistic theft rather than protect it while it’s unattended for hours. I agree that visibility and the inconvenience of dealing with the lock can be enough to make someone move on to an...
  6. F

    Decisions,Decisions,Decisions need help in moving up to new ebike

    I’d go with the Cruiser. The step-through frame seems like the better choice for your situation, especially since getting on and off the bike is already becoming difficult occasionally. For the type of riding you described, the hardtail shouldn’t be a big issue, and your suspension seatpost can...
  7. F

    The world's smallest charger

    That’s a really impressive community project. The size is probably the biggest advantage here, especially for anyone who travels with an e-bike and wants to avoid carrying a bulky stock charger. Getting the USB-C adapter to deliver the correct voltage and current safely is the part that makes...
  8. F

    New mirrors day

    I agree that mirrors are one of those things you don’t fully appreciate until you ride regularly in traffic. Being able to check behind you without constantly turning your head makes a big difference, especially in a city like NYC. I also think your decision to move away from the Hafny mirrors...
  9. F

    Gearing change on my Voltbike Kodiak.

    If you’re running an 11T top gear now, going to a 9T is a pretty big jump, about 22% higher gearing. In theory, your 37 km/h would become roughly 45 km/h at the same cadence. For your target of 40 to 42 km/h, a 10T would be a better match if your drivetrain supports it. Also check whether your...
  10. F

    Buying a House Advice Thread

    The excitement and fear are completely normal. For a first home purchase, I’d pay particular attention during the inspection to the roof, foundation, drainage, plumbing, electrical system, HVAC, windows, attic, basement, and any signs of water damage. Also check the age of major systems and get...
  11. F

    Lectric bike cover

    For both indoor and outdoor use, I’d look for a breathable, waterproof cover with a soft inner lining. Make sure it has a secure fit and some UV protection if the bike will be outside regularly. A lightweight cover that’s easy to put on and remove would probably be the most practical.
  12. F

    Mirror recommendation

    I’d go with a bar end mirror such as the Busch & Müller 701. It should work with the Ergon GP1, and moving to the GP3 shouldn’t be a problem either. Just make sure you get the correct right hand version for your UK setup. A bar end mirror is probably the cleanest solution because it doesn’t...
  13. F

    Preparing eBikes for Burning Man's Blackrock City

    I’d approach it as prevention first and deep cleaning immediately after the event. Before Burning Man, I’d protect exposed metal, connectors, bearings, and moving parts while keeping the battery and electronics properly sealed. Once back, I’d remove the battery and electronics, blow or brush off...
  14. F

    Second-hand ebike business option.

    I think that’s a reasonable argument. If the business mainly needs warehouse space, a loading dock, and technicians, there are probably plenty of locations that could offer lower costs than New York or Los Angeles. New Jersey could make sense if they want to stay close to the New York market...
  15. F

    Impotent Rambo Megatron

    I’d suspect the controllers or wiring before assuming both motors were damaged. The Bafang FM G06 and RM G06 motors being 750W each doesn’t necessarily mean they’re defective, but the controller settings and current limits need to be matched correctly to the motors and battery. Since the...
Back